We love picnics, are you surprised? So today’s post is totally up our alley! This DIY picnic wedding shoot at Moonshine Hill was put together by Wedding 101 with some of their favorite ideas put forth! We are really loving the outcome! Be sure to scroll to the end of the post to see how to make doily umbrella stir sticks, and how to make
DIY Picnic Wedding Shoot ~ Photos
Here are two of our favorite DIY projects from this shoot!
How to DIY Silk Fringe Bunting
Fabric in colors of your choice (we chose ivory and champagne satin), scissors, twine, hot glue.
1. Cut fabric into 17 inch squares, then cut along diagonal to make triangle
2. Cut each triangle into “Fringe” strips, leaving 1 inch at the top
3. Hot glue the top of triangle to twine
4. Hang from everywhere and anywhere!
How to DIY Doily Umbrella Stirring Sticks
Mini doilies, wooden skewer sticks, white card stock, glue stick, hot glue, scissors, mini beads or pearls.
1. Cut card stock to match center circle of doily.
2. With a glue stick, glue card stock circle to center of doily.
3. Mark center of doily and cut a straight line from edge of doily to the center.
4. Line edge of cut with hot glue, bend the doily into a cone-like shape, and glue.
5. Hot glue end of skewer stick to inside of “umbrella”.
6. Hot glue jewel or bead to top of umbrella.
Photographer: Rachel Moore Photography
Venue: Moonshine Hill
Event Design and DIY Projects: Kate Leiva with Wedding 101
Cake: Sweetface Cakes
Makeup: Katie Russo Makeup Artistry
Hair: Amber Joy Martin
Dress: The White Room
Suit: Street Tuxedo
Invitations: Izzy and The Bean Design
Jewelry: Stella and Dot Stylist Kim Wright
Flowers: Branching Out Florist