Today’s post might be a long one, but we hope you forgive us for that! Click here to see part one.

guestbook and presents table

Our venue was the Beau Lodge, a gorgeous 70-acre property surrounded by woods. As soon as we visited it, we knew that it was perfect!

wood guestbook sign on table with framed welcome picture

For our guestbook, we had guests fill out notecards with advice, memories, or well wishes.

birdcage for wedding cards

vintage suitcase with wedding programs

We made the programs (and invitations and all the paper signs) ourselves. We used a little vintage suitcase to hold the programs.

wood direction stakes and outdoor wedding seating

Ben and I got married in front of a mossy apple tree–it’s wasn’t the typical ceremony spot at our venue, but we loved it. We made the wooden signs that we had throughout the wedding.

aileen and dad walking down the aisle

bride and groom with father at the alter

wedding ceremony outside

outdoor photobooth with paper pinwheels hanging from tree

Right after our ceremony, we had all of our guests take pictures at our photo booth. We had hung paper pinwheels from a tree and set up a little bench with empty white frames.

bridal party holding picture frames

We had some fun at the photo booth ourselves!

picture frames hanging on bridal party

bridal party with photo frames at photo booth

DIY wedding burgers on the grill

The food was amazing, if we do say so ourselves! Ben and I agreed early on that we wanted to have food that we ourselves really liked–and lots of it. So instead of doing something formal, we went with burgers! We rented a couple big barbecue grills and had some friends man them. Then, we had tons of sides, all lovingly made by our families the day before our wedding. There was seriously SO much good food.

wedding guys at the grill with aprons

watermelon carved into bowl with oranges and other fruit

punch pitcher with red twirly straws

My mom made the punch, which was really good, and I couldn’t resist getting some striped paper straws!

bride and groom eating wedding hamburger food

outdoor head table with signs

pinwheel and old book centerpiece with flowers

For our centerpieces, we laid out paper doilies as runners and stacked vintage books that I had collected from thrift stores. Then, we used mason jars and milk bottles as vases and propped paper pinwheels and vintage keys around them. Of course, I had to incorporate lavender, which we harvested from Ben’s parents backyard.

DIY pinwheels: sheet music glued to buttons

The pinwheels were an easy (but time-consuming) DIY project. I used mostly old sheet music that my mom had, accordion folded it, then glued buttons on either side to hold them together.

white rose flower centerpiece

wedding guests holding old books up

We loved seeing these photos of our guests having fun with the books.

wedding guests sitting outdoors reading old books

grandparents kiss on the cheek

We also loved these sweet photos of our grandparents (mine above, Ben’s below).

phtoos hang from clothespins

We hung a bunch of photos of ourselves throughout the years on twine that we stretched across the entrance of the lodge.

tiered wedding cake with thistle

We had no shortage of dessert at our wedding! The tiered cake was by Pure Bliss Desserts. We also had cheesecake made by Ben’s sister, Italian cream cake and cookies made by Ben’s dad, old fashioned doughnuts from our favorite local bakery, and lots of candy. Needless to say, we both have a sweet tooth ­čÖé

DIY Handmade bride and groom cake topper

The cake topper was one of my favorite DIY projects. I’d seen similar ones for over $100 online, so I decided to try my hand at making one. It took awhile, but the total cost was somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 so I’d say it was pretty worth it!

ben and aileen cut the cake

We totally forgot about getting a pretty knife for cutting the cake, so we used this one. Haha!

old drawers holding cookies and candy at wedding reception

A month before the wedding, I found a pretty antique desk at a thrift store that had these gorgeous drawers. So I lined them with kraft paper and we used them to hold the cookies and the candy! I loved how it turned out.

old drawers holding cookies and candy at wedding reception

bride and bridesmaid holding lavender bunches

Ellen and I couldn’t resist getting a Love & Lavender shot. I was kind of greedy with my lavender bundle!

ben and aileen in field

Lastly, here’s a couple shots of Ben and I. We went on a scenic drive with and stopped at some pretty spots along the way!

Whew! Is your finger tired of scrolling?? Told you it would be a long post! Thanks to Rosie of Simply Rosie Photography for all the photos!

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission. I may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my bride and groom readers.

Love and Lavender Weddings Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Rosie - October 28, 2010

aww I love to hear you tell your story :). So fun!! Thanks! Your wedding was so easy to photograph, everywhere I turned I was surrounded by beauty!

Laura Murray - October 28, 2010

Wow, this wedding is pure perfection!!! And the biggest treat of all is that it is yours. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Thanks so much for letting us take a peek into your life.

Debbie @ Bridalhood - October 28, 2010

Your wedding is a dream. So many adorable details. And you are too cute – I’m LOVING your wedding dress. I need to see a full length picture of that beauty.

Jessie - October 28, 2010

This is utterly beautiful. How did you make those gorgeous cake toppers, I’ve been looking for something that cute but you’re right, they’re unjustifiably expensive!

Sarah @ HereComesTheBlog - October 28, 2010

Oh my goodness, this is the most adorable wedding! How cute is that carved watermelon with their names on it! I love it!

Sophia - October 28, 2010

Just stumbled on your blog through SMP… I’m obsessed with weddings and yours is one of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen. Congratulations to you and your husband! You both look so happy. ­čÖé

lydia {ever ours} - October 28, 2010

absolutely gorgeous. congrats to both.

Lena - October 28, 2010

I’m completely blown away-this might be the most gorgeous wedding I’ve ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Friday Favs | HI-FI WEDDINGS - October 29, 2010

[…] a simple and sweet detail! […]

Sally - October 29, 2010

swoon! thank you for sharing.

Jennie - October 30, 2010

As I’ve said many a time… love is in the detail. An absolutely gorgeous wedding, thank you for sharing :o)

janina - November 4, 2010

Totally amazing!!!!
Stunning!!!
Love it!!!

Vintage Frame Inspiration | Bow Ties & Bliss - November 16, 2010

[…] One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven Categories: Inspiration, Inspiration Boards […]

The Weekend Post: Christmas Cards are Coming » Anastasia Marie: Handcrafted Cards & Stationery - November 18, 2010

[…] What a charming wedding on Love & Lavender! Check out Part One and Part Two! […]

stephy - February 24, 2011

I wish that was MY wedding!! Every detail is soooooooooo lovely and unique!!!!!!

Bri - April 10, 2011

LOVELOVELOVE this wedding.who says you need a big budget to have a good time.beautiful details.so quirky and whimsical!

MATHEW CANTER - April 24, 2011

IMAGININATIVE INDEED.It gave me a lot of ideas for my sister’s wedding in june this year.

Lavender wedding bouquets, Spokane wedding florist | Apple Brides - May 19, 2011

[…] loveandlavender.com via De on […]

Warren G - June 4, 2011

Awesome! I’m a guy and even I really enjoyed these!!

TBeads - June 4, 2011

Absolutely wonderful! The handmade details make everything look so fresh and charming and unique. Have a wonderful marriage too!

natasha - June 7, 2011

I do love my husband, but would love to get married again just to do it this way! Beautiful!!

Music Themed Wedding featured in Love and Lavender « Le Prelude de Joie - July 6, 2011

[…] http://www.loveandlavender.com/2010/10/ben-and-aileens-wedding-part-two/ Ben's and Aileen's Wedding Image 1: old sheet music used for pin wheels in front of a […]

Bodas con temática de Aves (II) | World Lovely Weddings - July 23, 2011

[…] Our Love Party ; Honey Bunny Paperie (etsy) ; Love and Lavender ; Wedding Rumors ; […]

Emily H. - July 29, 2011

Made my dream wedding come to life! Absolutely stunning. Congrats!

chandra ~ oh lovely day - September 6, 2011

SO completely gorgeous! You are a bride after my own vintage, DIY loving heart ­čÖé

Id├ęes d├ęcorations de mariage: les suspensions | Le blog d'H├ęlo├»se – Lovely Blog for pretty Bride by So H├ęlo - December 23, 2011

[…] (c)loveandlavender.com […]

Laura - September 10, 2012

I loved these pictures. The details are just beautiful and there are a lot of elements that I had envisioned for our wedding. My fiance and I were really hoping to do a BBQ with burgers but we came across a few concerns. Burgers are notoriously messy to eat especially when you throw on all the delicious toppings. Did you provide anything other than a large amount of napkins to keep people from getting their nice clothes covered in burger mess?

Thank you!

3 crazy and unusual ways to use frames for more than pictures - September 20, 2012

[…] Think about that picture you take with your bridal party, I mean really? they are so boring, same poses, all in a line, girls on one side, boys on the other…so predictable! Look at this fun way to use frames and make the most original bridal party picture!! loveandlavender.com […]

Sette idee per ricevimenti alternativi - January 15, 2013

[…] Love and Lavender […]

Photobooth | - March 28, 2013

[…] Photocredits: gouden cirkels,┬ákranten, gekleurde cirkels, ballonnen, vlaggetjes, paneel, blauwe lijst, witte lijsten┬á […]

Chic Wedding Decor: Empty Picture Frames - Bajan Wed - May 27, 2013

[…] and Inspired, Style Me Pretty (Jess + Nate Studios),┬áLove and Lavender (Jodi Miller Photography),┬áLove and Lavender (3) (Simply Rosie […]

Thrifting for your wedding | Love and Lavender - September 27, 2013

[…] planning her wedding she went to tons of thrift stores around the area all the time finding bottles, vases, even a […]

Fun Ways To Accessorize Your Wedding Photos | Our Blog - March 3, 2014

[…] Via┬áLover.ly, photos by (in order): ┬áRenaissance Studios, Aubrey Joy Photography, LoveandLavender.com,┬áLoveandLavender.com […]

GerryTheJeweler.com - March 7, 2014

This wedding photography is really inspiring! Everything is so perfect ­čÖé

Gorgeous newlywed couple, nice family and friend photos, and sweet touch with the grandparent photos.

Great work, you are very talented.