Planning your wedding can be one of the most exciting times of your life. It can also be one of the most stressful. There are times when you may feel overwhelmed by the whole process. With such a long list of things to accomplish, as well as so many people telling you what you should do, how they did it, and who you have to invite, stress can get out of control. But being aware of that in advance can help you combat the stress before it gets out of control. Taking these five tips into consideration can help you handle the stress of planning your big day.
- Remember that this day is about you and your partner. It is not uncommon for parents, friends, and even complete strangers to try and tell you how you should do things for your wedding. But it is important to realize that this day is for you as a couple to celebrate your commitment to each other for the rest of your lives. The most important opinions are yours and your partner. Be firm and stand your ground on things that are important to you, as a couple.
- Delegate whenever you can. Not every task and decision has to be done by you personally. While you may want to be hands-on with some tasks, there are many things that you can pass on to willing helpers. Let them help whenever they can. By giving them tasks to accomplish, you not only free yourself up to do other tasks, it will help them feel like an important part of the process.
- Have realistic expectations. With so many magazines and sites, such as Pinterest, showing you how your wedding should look, the stress to make everything fairy tale perfect can weigh you down. Allow yourself to not be perfect. Wedding Party reminds us that things are going to go wrong, the unexpected is going to happen, and plays may change. With good planning, there will be no major disasters, however, it is essential to go with the flow of things and laugh at the little glitches along the way.
- When possible, make keep it simple. This may seem like an obvious piece of advice, but trust me, brides (and grooms) are masters at making things difficult. A quick and easy way to kill two birds with one stone is to get your ring shopping done together. Tungsten makes it easy for men and women to find exactly what they’re looking for. You can find tungsten rings here, and be sure to take a look at their most popular wedding bands.
- Spend time with your partner not talking about the wedding. Planning a wedding can take over your entire lives. According to MindBodyGreen, it is important to make sure that you take time away from that planning to remember why you are getting married. Whether it is a date night, or a night at home cuddled on the couch, ban all talk about the wedding. Instead, focus on the reasons you decided to commit to each other for the rest of your lives.
Your wedding day is one that you are going to remember the rest of your life. Whether it is a large formal event, or a small beach ceremony, it will be special. By reducing the stress during the planning, you will be more relaxed to enjoy your special day. The beauty of sharing this experience with friends and family will make this even more joyful. All the planning will be worth it when you take your first steps as a married couple. After all, that really is what it’s all about.
***This is a sponsored post***
Love and Lavender Weddings Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.