Earlier this year, my husband and I lived in London for about 10 weeks on a house sitting assignment. I never thought of London as a honeymoon destination before I arrived – too many visions of rain and cold weather. However, living in that wonderful city with its great vibe certainly puts it at the top of my list!
A Honeymoon to Relax, Explore, and Connect
During our 10 week house sit in London, Andrew and I took take advantage of many aspects of this world-class city. Whether it was walking in a sky garden 38 floors above London, touring iconic museums like The Tate Modern, or sipping afternoon tea in Little Venice – at times we felt like we were on a mini-honeymoon!
I only mention our experiences to get you thinking about London as a destination for your honeymoon. Getting to live in London for an extended period of time meant that Andrew and I had time to really see and do things we might not have if we were simply vacationing for a week.
My time spent meandering through vintage antique stores on Portobello Road, chic shops like Harrods at Knightsbridge, and gawking at palatial $100 million estates near Kensington Palace remind me that London is a city for all tastes and all honeymoon budgets. There is an abundance of things to do in the historic city – in equal parts thrifty and extravagant!
What fun is a list of things to do if we can’t dream a little?
London Honeymoon Mini list of Things to Do
- Romantic gourmet picnic in Hyde Park.
- Afternoon Tea at one of the many tea shops around town.
- Splurge on a Romantic Honeymoon Suite! Book through Tripadvisor and read reviews for some of their 30 Best Romantic London Hotels including “2015 Travels’ Choice Winners.”
- Cruise down the River Thames.
- Discover SoHo’s cocktail bars, eateries, and entertainment venues.
- Take in a Free concert at St Martin-in-the-Fields (Trafalgar Square).
What do you think? Is London your honeymoon destination? Leave a comment below and let us know what you would do on a honeymoon in London!