If you are getting close to celebrating two years of wedded bliss, and you’re panicked on what to get for your other half, fear not. We’ve pulled together some of the best cotton anniversary gift ideas for both him and her in 2022.
The big wedding anniversary milestones — like 10, 25, 30, or even 50 — seem to get the most attention and biggest presents! But we believe that EVERY wedding anniversary deserves to be as special and unique as the last. Anniversaries are a time to celebrate the union you have built together. After all, 24 months of marriage is a big accomplishment that deserves recognition.
In this article, you will find some traditional and modern gifts with pictures and short descriptions on why we think it would make a great gift, as well as a quick list of additional ideas to get your creative gift giving juices flowing.
What is the Traditional 2nd Anniversary Gift?
Traditionally, the second anniversary gift is cotton.
Depending on where search online, you may come across a few different meanings for what cotton is supposed to symbolize. Some people believe that it represents that you’ve become more comfortable with each other. I tend to think this is a more modern representation.
Others think that the fibers of the cotton fabric represent how your lives have come together. As the interwoven fibers of cotton signify a couple growing closer as their lives become increasingly intertwined.
Modern 2nd Anniversary Gifts
Modern lists mark the second wedding anniversary gift with fine china, which is fragile and can easily be broken. A gift of china emphasizes the need for ongoing care of one another and the relationship.
- Symbolic Flower: Lily of the Valley
- Gemstone: Garnet
Cotton Anniversary Gifts For Couples
This is the perfect anniversary gift! And we should know, we’ve done tons of wedding anniversary gift posts.
(We take pride in our ability to come up with gifts for couples that make our readers look like gifting superheroes.)
These cozy poly/cotton fleece sweatshirts feature your fave couple’s anniversary date (or any other meaningful date) hand-embroidered in roman numerals. Choose a hoodie or pullover- comes sizes small to 3XL in your choice of eleven cool colors.
Cotton Anniversary Gifts for Her
The honeymoon stage doesn’t have to end after the first anniversary, it can continue on past the 2nd wedding anniversary too! Keep the spark alive with these soft, romantic, thoughtful and practical cotton gift idea for her.
These beautiful pieces are perfect for adding a touch of glamour to any outfit. The deep red garnets are set in stunning gold settings, and, in the case of the earrings, accented by dazzling diamonds. Whether she’s dressing up for a special occasion or just wants to feel fancy every day, these pieces will add a touch of luxury to her look.Why I like it:
- Easy to dress up or down
- Garnet stones are in theme with the traditional gift
- Match pendant with earrings for a complete look
I just love a good candle on my fireplace mantle to really set an inviting and warm atmosphere. Admittedly, these are not necessarily real cotton. Nonetheless, a romantic fragrant candle with notes of fresh cotton and white florals made with the world’s finest scented oils will make for a beautiful anniversary gift.Why I like it:
- New way to show your "burning love"
- Cotton scent keeps with tradition
- This candle and a bottle of wine make for a romantic night
Cotton Anniversary Gifts for Him
The end of your second year of marriage is a milestone to be enjoyed. Here are a few simple and afforadable cotton gifts for him we really like.
Cotton isn't just great for snuggling. It's also a component in moisture wicking fabric. These socks will keep your toes cozy and dry no matter the activity. What better way to show your spouse you love every part of them — from the top of their heads to the tips of their toes — than by taking care of their feet!Why I like it:
- Reinforced heels and toes are extra comfy
- Useful AND on theme
- Looks cool while keeping feet cool
Even More Cotton Anniversary Gift Ideas
We hope you have found something in our list above. If you have not, here is a list of cotton gifts that should help you with your gift search. Needless to say, everything in this list should be made of cotton if you want to stick to the cotton theme.
- A quilt
- A set of bed sheets
- A set of pillowcases
- A basket of various cotton candies
- A spa gift basket with cotton-scented candles, bath salts, and a fluffy cotton bathrobe
- A bouquet of cotton flowers
- A t-shirt
- A tote bag
- A photo album
- A ball string light set to decorate the home
- A candlewick bedspread
- A dress or night gown
- A throw blanket
- A journal or notebook
- A planner or agenda
- A set of dish towels
- A set of placemats and napkins
- A table runner
- A phone case
- A laptop case or sleeve
- A hair accessory
- A baseball cap or hat
- A cookbook or recipe box
- An apron
- A canvas art print
- A set of handkerchiefs
- A board game
- A puzzle
- A book
- A gift basket with various cotton items (socks, towels, washcloths, etc.)
- A CD of a favorite album or artist.
- Cotton is the traditional gift for the second wedding anniversary.
- Cotton is a symbol of comfort, simplicity, and durability in a relationship.
- Cotton is the most widely used natural fiber in the world, and it is known for its breathability, softness, and versatility.
- Cotton production is a major industry in many countries, including the United States, China, India, Pakistan, and Brazil.
- Organic cotton, which is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, is becoming more popular among consumers who are environmentally conscious.
- Cotton can be made into a wide range of products, including clothing, bedding, towels, and home decor items.
- Cotton is a durable and long-lasting material, which makes it a suitable choice for items that will be used frequently or subjected to wear and tear.
- Cotton is hypoallergenic, which makes it a good choice for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Cotton fabrics are generally easy to care for and maintain, as they can be machine washed and dried.
- There are many different types of cotton, including long-staple cottons (such as Egyptian and Pima) that are known for their softness and durability, and short-staple cottons (such as upland cotton) that are more affordable and widely available.
Until next year (hint: it’s Leather), thanks for checking out our list of cotton anniversary gift ideas. Congratulations on your second anniversary and we wish you all the best in the years to come!
* Pin It! *
Despite her dreamy wedding blogger lifestyle, Meredith's day job is running ClassicVeils.com and a full-time mom to an active toddler. If she could, Meredith would spend her days taking cruises, helping animals in need, and watching Big Brother!