Can you believe it’s been seven years since you said I do? Time really does fly when you’re having fun!
You’ve been together long enough to have a very good idea of what makes you both tick, and your 7th year anniversary is the perfect time to show how well you know each other. That said, you’ve likely bought each other a ton of gifts by now. Finding a new and exciting twist can take a bit of thought.
To help kick start your inspiration, we’ve got some insight into the traditional seventh anniversary gifts for both him and her as well as a roundup of our favorites.
What’s the Traditional 7th Year Anniversary Gift?
Much has been made about the so called ‘seven year itch‘ in marriage. You’ll know how little that means when you’ve found your special someone. That said, this is a great anniversary to remind your partner just how much you care about them. If you follow UK anniversary gifting tradition, look for a woollen gift to help you do it.
Symbolizing comfort and warmth, wool is a great reminder that your beloved is there to look out for you — and vice versa.
If wool doesn’t appeal, take your cue from the US and hunt for copper gifts. Not only does it have a rosy glow, but it’s also the metal most associated with Venus, the Greek goddess of love and beauty.
Modern 7th Anniversary Gift
If you’d rather go for a modern take on your anniversary gifts, then you’ll be looking at desk sets and things made of brass (maybe you could even combine the two).
- Freesia: A popular and fragrant flower around the world, freesia symbolizes friendship, trust, and innocence.
- Onyx: The traditional gemstone for a 7th anniversary is the black onyx – claimed to bestow health, success in lawsuits, and safe travels among other things.
Wool Anniversary Gifts for Her
For a thoughtful and interesting seven-year anniversary gift, it is time for a new model – of a rug, that is! A new wool rug adds a pop of color and a quick and easy refresh for any tired room. With so many varieties, sizes and styles, there is something for every taste and every budget!Why I like it:
- Nice to give a gift that provides a quick update and refresh to a room
- Wool makes for a durable and warm rug
- Rugs add an instant coziness to a room
To mark your special seventh anniversary, celebrate her with a beautiful pair of onyx studded earrings, set in sterling silver. Onyx represents endurance and longevity which is the absolutely perfect symbolic gift for seven years of marriage! The earrings are a detailed faceted cushion cut style which is both traditional with a contemporary flair.Why I like it:
- Traditional style but modern cut and color
- Perfect for someone who appreciates black clothing or likes gothic/Halloween-style fashion
- 8mm is a great size that the piece stands out enough
The gift of pampering and self-care is one that she will truly appreciate! This simply adorable Shetland sheep-shaped felted soap fits the bill entirely to encourage her to relax and take a baaaaa-th. The felted lamb’s wool soap is infused with lanolin which is well-recognized for healing and occlusive properties which simply means it helps retain moisture within the skin.Why I like it:
- Such a cute décor addition to the bathroom
- Multi-purpose item – for exfoliating and also to sit on the shelf
- Interesting addition of lanolin makes it somewhat medicinal
For a complete lux gift for the lady in your life, she will adore this high-end supersonic hairdryer. A beauty cult classic and the product of choice within most hair salons. The dryer has multiple functions and attachments so you have a range of styles at your fingertips – soft Hollywood waves to sleek and straight!Why I like it:
- Magnetic attachments to ensure a quick and easy swap out
- Diffuser attachment can help tame the frizziest do!
- The dryer is very low volume
You already know she’s hot, that’s why you married her! However, to keep her cool, try this cooling nectar copper pillow. The pillow is constructed of real copper fiber which actually helps cool the case down. Perfect for encouraging a good night’s sleep, so she can be her best self. The material is naturally micro-bacterial, so it combats odors and bacteria.Why I like it:
- The cooling properties are great for ladies who get skin breakouts from night sweating
- The product does not need to be flipped – it keeps cool!
- Contains memory foam for neck excellent support
Keep her precious toesies toasty with a cozy pair of woolen slippers. Felted wool is eco-friendly and these lovely slippers are lovingly handmade and are available in lots of fun and interesting colors. One of the coolest aspects of these slippers is that you can select your sole type; so, if you tend to wander around outside in your house slippers, you can pick a more durable sole.Why I like it:
- Customizable for purpose with thicker or softer soles
- This style is backless but there are others that hug the entire foot, if that is the preference.
- The interesting process to craft these unique slippers – boiling wool!
For an elegant and sophisticated tote, look no further. This stunning bag is crafted from a combination of merino wool and leather. The overall look of the piece is sleek and understated which is perfect for complementing an array of outfits easily, which is always important! The classic style and design of this tote means that it will always be in style.Why I like it:
- Reinforced pockets and hardware to ensure durability
- Available in two sizes dependent upon what your partner typically carries with her
- The wool is soft, strong and an all-natural product
If you always want to come up smelling of roses…well freesias – then go ahead and schedule a stunning bouquet of flowers to be delivered! The online platform, Bouqs, does a fantastic job of arranging beautiful arrangements in both flower types and colors of your choice. Deliveries are quick to help those disorganized gift-givers (we know who you are).Why I like it:
- Very classy arrangements – plus you have the option of going for luxury arrangements
- Great options on flower type and color
- A lovely surprise to have your gift delivered by someone else!
For the gift that keeps on giving, wash after wash, buy her these stunningly scented laundry dryer balls. The Anthropology ‘volcano’ scent has a cult following on social media – and for good reason: the scent is absolutely intoxicating! With notes of citrus and exotic mountain greens, these woolen dryer balls will bring a touch of the tropics to every basket!Why I like it:
- Comes with a bottle of scent/oil to keep the dryer balls fresh
- A heady fragrance that will make all clothing smell delightful
Wool Anniversary Gifts for Him
Seven years in and you guys are still going strong. Find him a woollen gift that appeals to his softer side, or choose an outdoor accessory that reminds him you love his adventurous spirit.
For mid-century modern vibes with a touch of cozy hygge, consider these beautifully constructed wool coasters. The wool is thick-cut, moisture and heat-wicking – and also stain-resistant! If these coasters are accidentally dropped, there will be no sore toes or dents in your tabletop! The colors are neutral tones to ensure that the set matches every home décor style.Why I like it:
- Muted neutral tones blend well into home décor
- Great shapes
- Lovely thick material
When shopping for a thoughtful gift for the man who seemingly has everything, I can guarantee that he doesn’t have these. Although you might have romantic memories of slipping on his old button-up, it is time for an upgrade! The pajamas are the perfect combination of luxury and functionality that he is sure to love. Buttery soft, cooling material – these are the perfect pair of jams!Why I like it:
- Material is high-end – super soft, cooling and stretch
- Cool and breathable material. Perfect for someone who suffers from breakouts
- Clothing that is perfect for lounging, not just sleeping
For a cute and creative gift that will never go out of style, try a soft and snuggly woolen scarf. Investment fashion gifts are always such a well-received present. Typically, these types of gifts should be essential wardrobe items but it’s always so thoughtful to upgrade these items into something rather special. A high-quality woolen scarf is something that will last for many years – just like your marriage!Why I like it:
- Investment fashion pieces are always gratefully received and not something we often buy for ourselves
- Scarves represent comfort and coziness – showing your partner that you care about their warmth
- Nordstrom offers special custom gift wrap and labeling options
There’s nothing lovelier than a cozy night in for two – takeout, wine, and a movie: perfect! Treat him to some new lounge attire with a warm and snug pair of house slippers. The soles are thick and reinforced, so you can pop outside without compromising the integrity of the slipper. Available in a ton of fun colors – you are sure to find something that fits his style!Why I like it:
- The slippers are well-made, and they hug the foot
- Reinforced soles allow them to be worn outside
- Great fit variations
For a quick tablescape update for his desk, go with this minimalist, clean and chic computer mat. Crafted from heavy wool felt, the deeply cushioned mat looks and feels superb. The mat comes with a nifty leather strap that keeps all wires and charger cables neat and tidy. Available in a few neutral tones, the mat will look great on any desk!Why I like it:
- Lovely thickness – well cushioned for optimal comfort
- The cable tidy loop is super convenient and keeps the aesthetic clean and neat
- Looks very chic
This jacket screams Peaky Blinders – in all of the right ways! The chic fashionista man in your life will adore this impeccably tailored, formal dress coat. Crafted from Italian wool, this jacket is very much an investment piece for any man’s winter formal wardrobe. The dress coat falls just above the knee and is meant to be worn with a suit.Why I like it:
- Perfect for formal occasions in the winter months – plus Xmas parties!
- Cornerstone/investment piece for a classic man’s wardrobe
- The style is classic and therefore won’t go out of fashion
For a perfect, pocket-sized dose of something adorable and sweet, your man is sure to appreciate this ‘hug in a matchbox.’ Perhaps, he’s a man who has it all – or, he is just impossible to buy for but don’t panic, this tiny token is sure to remind him that you love and appreciate him and his efforts! The petite box can fit on a shelf or a work desk to remind him daily that he has a hug on deck!Why I like it:
- Sweet and great for long-distance relationships
- Fun for a man who is difficult to shop for
- An adorable gesture
For a sweet, pocket-sized gift to remind your honey on your seventh anniversary, that you love him the most – gift him this cute copper keychain saying just that! The handcrafted token features the cheeky saying used all of the time in your marriage and for extra detail: the keychain is also inscribed with your initials.Why I like it:
- Functional yet sweet
- Wonderful font used to inscribe
- The copper has a really lovely tone and color
You have made it seven years and there is a lot to celebrate! However, when poppin’ lots of bottles, it’s always helpful to have a cool vestibule to rest your bottles in! The beautiful copper beverage tub is perfect for celebrations and parties! Made to be filled with ice and kept at the center of the party! It comes in either traditional copper coloring and also black, for a more noir vibe!Why I like it:
- Beautiful and very useful
- Copper keeps things cool and regulates temperature very well
- Can be used to store plants in when not being used
For an unusual and special gift for your hubby, upgrade his formal attire with a stunning onyx lapel pin. Although not commonly known, onyx is the gemstone associated with the seventh-anniversary gift. It is said to promote stamina, determination, and endurance, which are all very important qualities! For an added cherry on top of the cake, make reservations at an upscale restaurant and take him somewhere to showcase his new accessory!Why I like it:
- A beautiful way to dress up formalwear
- Unusual and different gifts utilizing the gemstone associated with the anniversary
- Perfect for a fan of gothic or noir!
For the ultimate sweet and sentimental gift, remind him of a location special to only you two – it could be where you first met, your first date, your first kiss, or even your wedding location itself! The latitude and longitude are etched onto the copper card which fits neatly into his wallet forever! The map can also be inscribed with a special love note too!Why I like it:
- Sweet, private, and special gift
- Nice to keep with you at all times – especially if he is telling the story of how you met
- Beautifully crafted and features double-sided detailing
Until next year (hint it’s electrical appliances), thanks for checking out our list of wool anniversary gift ideas. Congratulations on your seventh anniversary and we wish you all the best in the years to come!