Minted.com has a unique business concept: independent graphic designers from around the world submit their work to monthly design challenges that focus on themes and product type. The entries are judged by an online community and special judges, leading a few of the top design winners a spot in the Minted production lineup. Minted is heavily focused on strong design, and for that reason (and many others) they garner a high overall score.
Minted carries a large selection of stationery, invitations, and announcements for many occasions such as Valentine’s, parties & events, and gifts. They also have an in-depth wedding section offering formal invitations to causal save-the-dates to coordinate perfectly with any wedding day theme or style. In addition, a selection of fine art prints, party and holiday decor were recently added to their product mix.
This is an e-commerce wedding company that forever stays in touch with its consumer audience!
- Easy to use design tool
- Matching wedding websites
- Top-notch support
- FREE edits & proofing
- FREE guest addressing
- Option to add more envelopes
- Beautiful packages on delivery
- Flat and Minibook card formats
- Option to have the artist’s mark on the back of your card or not
Uniquely Minted.com stationery design examples we came across that we love:
Minted has an extensive selection of wedding stationery designs ranging from abstract to beach, from vintage to funny, or from hand drawn to floral. With 1117 wedding invitation options, it is safe to say there is a design to match just about anyone’s wedding decor taste. They also offer different orientations: landscape, portrait, or square as well as die-cut shapes.
You can find many wedding stationery enclosures as well.
Minted offers five paper options all sourced from local U.S. mills.
1. Signature Paper: A thick and luxurious stock, optimized for photo printing; Off-white hue with a creamy cotton texture. 120 lb
Thickness: 17 point thickness
2. Pearlescent Paper: Adds a subtle shimmer finish to cards and a soft glow to photos. 98 lb
Thickness: 12 point thickness
3. Premium 100% Recycled Paper: A fine paper with a smooth, matte finish. FSC-certified, 100% post-consumer waste, manufactured with wind-power. 130 lb
Thickness: 15 point thickness
4. Doublethick Paper: A thick, luxurious paper with a rich creamy cotton texture. The Double Thick paper’s premium thickness will make just the right impression. 240 lb
Thickness: 35 point thickness
5. Luxe Museum Board: Minted’s thickest paper with a quality and weight that is unmatched and a rich cotton texture. Made from luxuriously thick paper that is unbend-able. An upgrade worthy of your once-in-a-lifetime event? 360 lb
Thickness: 54 point thickness
Minted offers 5 different envelope types that come in 3 different colors; white, speckletone kraft, or silver. If you are trying to stick to traditional stationery practices, one complaint people do have is that Minted doesn’t offer the A9 envelope, which would traditionally be used as an outer envelope.
- A7 Envelopes (5.25″ X7.25″)
- A2 Envelopes (4.375″ X 5.75″)
- Petite Envelopes (4.5″ X 6.25″)
- Standard Square Envelopes (5.5″ X 5.5″)
- Grand Square Envelopes (6.25″ X 6.25″)
Minted has a wonderful design tool that is easy to use and allows users to adjust just about any element of the stationery design. You may change text, fonts, adjust colors, or shift design elements to your liking. If there are adjustments that you need help with, you can press the special requests button to receive help from a dedicated designer. Minted have one of the most flexible designing tools that we have come across.
(For more information check out our second review of how to use Minted.com here)
A unique business model that fulfills its goal of acquiring world wide talent makes Minted.com a standout. That, coupled with high quality printing, locally sourced paper, flexibility for customization and full featured design tool means you will have all the bells and whistles at your stationery disposal.
Minted.com is one of our highly rated top picks. If your wedding budget allows, put Minted at the top of your list when ordering stationery!
Click Here to Visit & Shop