19 Wonderful Wood Anniversary Gifts (5th Year) for Him & Her
If you’re about to hit your 5-year wedding anniversary, congrats! You’ve officially made it through half a decade with your partner, which definitely calls for a celebration.
While married life can sometimes get monotonous, use your fifth wedding anniversary as an opportunity to prove that marriage is far from dull. We rounded up the best fab five anniversary gifts that are bound to make (his/her) 5 year anniversary the most memorable one yet.
What’s the Traditional 5th Anniversary Gift?
Traditionally, the fifth wedding anniversary gift is wood. There is no real doubt about the metaphor of wood acting as strength and long lasting nature of a marriage. I absolutely love wood decor, furniture, and other home items. The variety of soft and hard wood species means makes buying a wood gift a bit of a challenge! Andi t is not surprise that the list below features long lasting wood decor items for you to enjoy.
Modern 5th Anniversary Gift
Each wedding anniversary has customary modern gifts as well, and silverware has been for honoring 5th wedding anniversaries. It sounds old fashioned, but these utensils reflect the many shared meals together and the closer bond that has developed as a result. We’re focussed on wood gifts in this post, but there are plenty of trendy silverware sets available to shop if that floats your boat!
- 5th Anniversary Gemstone: Sapphire represents the 5-year gemstone. Blue and pink are typically associated with 5th anniversaries, which should make my husband happy. He almost bought me a blue sapphire as an engagement ring when he proposed! For more on sapphires check out our post on how to choose a sapphire.
- 5th Anniversary Flower: Daisies are the flower of choice for a 5th wedding anniversary. Bright and vibrant, these flowers represent loyalty, fidelity and forever love. The center of the daisy is said to represent your foundation as a couple together, while the petals represent the learning, growth and love you have shared over the years.
Wood Anniversary Gifts for Her
The honeymoon stage doesn’t have to end after the first anniversary, and can continue all the way into the fifth anniversary! Keep the spark alive with these thoughtful and practical wood gift ideas for her.
The half-decade anniversary is a special milestone, which means celebrating with something she’ll really enjoy. Don’t be afraid to spoil her a little, or a lot! Here are our five favorite 5-year anniversary gift ideas.
Riviera Pavé Sapphire Eternity Ring
- Subtle and sophisticated band
- Beautiful deep blue sapphires – vivid and stunning!
- Looks great alone or paired with other pieces
Sapphire Stud Earrings
- A beautiful and unusual setting
- If sapphires aren’t her thing, there are so many other options – we won’t tell anyone!
- The color is bright but it remains a classic and sophisticated style
Oval Solitaire Sapphire Pendant
- Classic setting and style for a timeless investment piece
- The sapphire is actually quite large so it doesn’t get lost on the chain
- Blue is such a classic color – it matches so many other color palettes
Sapphire and Diamond Curve Bracelet
- Simple but classic
- The lobster claw clasp is sturdy
- Will match and complement an array of outfits
Bouquet of Daisies
- It is easy to be organized with an online flower delivery – so much less stress!
- Flowers always provide joy and cheer
- Beautiful bright and happy colors
Modern White Lacquer Jewelry Box
- The jewelry box is ultra-modern and chic
- Plenty of storage options within the box
- Gold and gray is a sophisticated color combination
Wood Vow Art
- The piece comes with a mount for gallery hanging, or it can be leaned against a wall
- Beautiful and sentimental gift to revisit the content and meaning of your vowels
- A wonderful thought that no item is perfect, yet it is perfectly lovable
Cedar Woods Homescent
- A lovely matching set to ensure an equal spread of scent throughout your home
- Great combination of perfume methods – people like candles in bathrooms but diffusers are much safer, especially with guests over
- It is always nice to give a gift basket rather than an individual gift
Wood Frame Gallery
- Lovely to purchase a set that already matches
- Add added lovely touch would be to select and print your favorite memories for the frames – she can always change them but you can mount the gallery immediately and it gets done!
- Great sizing options and they already have a matte inner frame for a classy vibe
- They are a lovely complementary piece for a foyer
- Flameless candles are a much better choice for less worry about leaving them burning
- Classy and sophisticated looking
Wood Essential Oil Diffuser
- Great light options
- Multi-purpose device – can be used for sleeping, yoga, or meditation!
- The wooden base is sleek and sophisticated
Wooden Cuff Bracelet
- A member of ‘one tree planted’ – super eco-friendly
- Handcrafted and unusual patterns
- The wooden cuff embodies a definite summer/boho vibe
Olde-Fashioned Wooden Tree Swing
- Custom option to inscribe the seat
- A great start to new family traditions!
- Different rope types depending on your personal preferences
Bamboo Bathtub Caddy
- Perfect for languishing comfortably in the bath with an array of hydration and entertainment
- Adjustable width is great!
- Lovely tone of wood – sure to match most decors
I Love Us Engraved Jewelry Box
- It is so fun that you can completely customize the exterior with very special words and numbers
- The box opens in such an interesting way
- The tone of the wood and the lining match perfectly
Name Wooden Flower
- Customization options are great!
- Multi-use ornament; it will look great everywhere!
- I love that you include her name within the stalk
Custom Night Light
- It is great to have multiple mounting options
- Beautiful infinity symbol is quite unusual in home décor
- Added date feature for your wedding anniversary is great (also not excuses for ever forgetting it!)
Sapphire is a precious gemstone that has long been associated with royalty and it is known to represent gifts and blessings. So, what more symbolic gift for the Queen in your life? This chic and traditional white gold eternity ring features a petite row of dazzling sapphires. The beautiful piece would look great alone or it can be stacked to complement another ring.
Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a beautiful sparkly pair of sapphire studs embellished with a glittering diamond halo. Set in 14k white gold, these make a beautiful gift and a great classic cornerstone of every woman’s jewelry box. They can complement very formalwear or, dress up a neutral outfit with a touch of glitz and glam.
For major Kate and Leo vibes, she will adore her very own Heart of the Ocean! The oval solitaire sapphire is set in pristine 18k white gold and the accompanying necklace is a classic cable chain. The style is traditional, romantic, and elegant. If you play your cards right, she might let you paint her like one of your French girls!
Treat your leading lady to a stunning diamond and sapphire curve bracelet befitting your milestone 5th anniversary! This simple and classy graduated diamond and sapphire can be worn to both formal occasions and for everyday wear. The piece is definitely an investment and it won’t age over the years – which is always the benefit of a classic piece.
The daisy is the traditional 5th anniversary bloom, selected for its beautiful simplicity and each petal is said to represent the shared experiences that unify your marriage and common bond. Daisies are also known to represent: beauty, fidelity, and a long-lasting love. All of those representative qualities will be greatly enhanced by you remembering to get flowers delivered on your anniversary!
Now, I am going to forewarn you about this beautiful jewelry box: in buying this gift, you are committing to purchasing all of the contents – over the years! The slick, modern cube looks simplistic from the outside, but once the doors are open, the inside boasts drawers, hooks, and compartments galore! The cube is lined with plush gray velvet embellished with classy gold hardware.
For a perfectly sweet and thoughtful 5th anniversary gift, blow her away with a custom vowel art piece for your living room. Like every person and relationship, no piece of wood is perfect and features its own special and unique flaw in the grain. Your vowels are hand scripted onto the wood and each piece can hold up to 750 words.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret: no woman was ever disappointed with the gift of a candle, EVER. The end. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Seriously though, ensuring that your home smells like a 5-star hotel, despite the state of the laundry room, is an absolute win. This neat gift comes with an array of perfuming methods such as an oil diffuser, a classic large candle, and a smaller candle.
If you didn’t know by now, all women use Pinterest and we all pin ambitious projects that we haven’t got time to execute on. Help a girl out with the gift of a mini gallery wall. The majority of the work is done: all she needs to do is select and print some beautiful pictures and unleash the handyman to mount them (sidenote: YOU are the handyman).
Gift her the treat of an Instagram-worthy foyer table, fireplace, or mantle with these beautiful matching wooden lanterns. Constructed from mango wood, gray hardware, and rope, these beauts are made for a flame-less candle for worry-free evenings. Perfect for indoor embellishment or a centerpiece for a late summer gathering – the possibilities are endless!
For a zen and relaxed gift, give her this chill essential oil diffuser complete with matching LED lighting options which quite honestly, are a vibe. The diffuser comes with a remote control for optimal relaxation – and it also has a timer so when your meditation turns to napping, the diffuser can turn itself off with ease.
For a modern and sleek wooden gift for that special someone, you can’t go wrong with a laser-cut wooden bracelet. The pieces are precision-cut in unique and interesting patterns; it is easy to find a cut and pattern to suit her individual style. Each bracelet is wide and embodies the cuff-style, which she is sure to love!
Nearly everyone out there has a set of memories around a swing set: maybe it was the one from your grandparents' tree, at the set at the local park, or the one in your besties yard. After five blissful years of marriage, it is time to bring some free-spirited fun into your life! The swing is constructed of cypress wood and manilla rope, this swing will see you through the years!
Have you ever delved into a deep bubble bath and thought: I wish I had a place to safely stow my book, phone, iPad, and glass of champagne? Well, once you upgrade your bubble situation, there will be no turning back! This adjustable-width bath caddy is the answer to your soapy prayers – keeping all items free from foam and soggy edges.
For a gift, she is sure to adore, consider this wooden, heart-shaped personalized jewelry box. Wood gifts are traditional for a 5th-anniversary gift as it is meant to represent: strength, durability, and enduring love. The ‘I Love US’ box can be customized to include: special sweet words and memories, initials, and dates. Constructed of Alderwood and velveteen lining – with plenty of storage for her special pieces and sparkles!
For a sweet and thoughtful fifth anniversary gift, she will adore a custom wooden flower! Crafted from the finest quality wood, the flower can be personalized to include the birth month, name of your spouse, and even a color preference for each flower! The art piece and be used to adorn a bookshelf, mantle, or even feature within a gallery wall!
She already lights up a room when she walks into it -now for something a touch more permanent! This wooden infinity-shaped nightlight is the perfect addition to your cozy bedroom. Each light can be inscribed with both of your names within the romantic symbol! The piece can be either mounted on the wall or simply propped on the nightstand. You are sure to get a glowing review with this gift!
Wood Anniversary Gifts for Him
You’ve been married to the love of your life for five years, but you’re not too sure what to get him as a gift. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite 5-year anniversary gift ideas. Check out #3 for a masculine spin on the modern 5-year anniversary gift!
- Koa Wood Cowboy Manly Band
- Great to have another more durable band on hand – ha!
- The black and Koa wood combination is deeply masculine
- Most manly rings are ‘comfort fit’ meaning they are domed and rounded to feel extra comfortable
- Ladder Leaning Bookshelf
- I love the leaning style – also can be easily bolted to the wall if you have small children
- The ability to grow the set of shelves bigger is an excellent touch
- The color combinations are neutral enough to match most homes easily
- Custom Wood Tray
- Great functional piece of décor
- Cute idea to break out the exact time
- Unusual shape and great contrast between the black and wood
- Wooden Map of His City
- A geographical buff will adore this piece
- Pinpoint your special place forever on the map
- Beautiful color and material contrast make this piece pop!
- Small Jar of F*cks
- A fun and funny gift!
- Visual reminder to take a moment to breathe and let it go
- Gold F*&ks sparkle in the jar and look cute!
- Sandalwood Classic Watch
- Beautiful and sleek timepiece
- The watch can be worn for professional occasions or just for fun
- Beautifully constructed and can be engraved on the back for an extra touch
- Coastal and Lake Art Serving Tray
- Topographical maps are visually great to look at
- An interesting and functional item of serving ware
- Memorializing a special place is such a wonderful gift
- Photo Collage Wood Family Clock
- A really unusual gift which will become a talking point when someone comes into your home
- It would be fun to select pictures that represent the times – eating, relaxing, etc
- Love that you get twelve pictures on the wall with this gift!
- Classic Smokehouse Wood Kit
- Interesting and innovative product for a keen mixologist or home chef
- Fun and new product for the kitchen
- An array of smoke types which range from bold to mild
- Hand Cut Olive Wood Coasters
- Each coaster matches but is unique in its own special way
- The wood is a beautiful tone
- The custom option is a really lovely and special touch
- Japanese Zen Garden
- Great for desk spaces and in between conference calls
- Fun, interactive gift
- A lot of research to verify that these small and mindful practices work to calm the mind
- Whisky Coffee Glass with Wood Base
- Great for spirit drinking – well insulated and heavy glassware is perfect for this
- Wonderful that both the glass and base are custom products; the options are endless!
- The glass is large enough to hold a double shot – for double fun!
- The Vintage Cufflinks
- Easy to match and pair these cuffs to an array of suit styles
- Very masculine which is great for a man who is perhaps uncomfortable with flashy jewelry
- This item can also be customized too for a special touch!
- Photo Collage Pen Holder
- Custom options are great – lots of fun design layouts to choose from
- Colorful and eye-catching design for a desk
- A nice reminder of your relationship to keep in front of him during the work day
For the rugged and busy man about the house, it is always best to have a back-up wedding band. Some softer metals are easy to dent and strain – not manly bands! These durable and tough rings are meant for an active lifestyle. Gym-going? Check! Yard work? Check! They can do it all! For your special fifth anniversary, this plate-edged tungsten encapsulates a beautiful band of Koa wood for a nod to tradition!
Book lovers adore gifts of more books or items to display their wares! This sleek bookshelf comes in a variety of color combinations to suit most styles – with complementing shelf and frame combos. The piece can be purchased individually but it is designed with future growth in mind which is perfect for an avid reader!
I’m sure you are both guilty of slipping off your wedding bands at night and leaving them on the bathroom counter or by your bed – easy for a flick of the duvet cover or washcloth to send them flying! Keep his ring safe with this lovely custom wedding ring dish. The cute black-rimmed hexagon bowl is inscribed with the exact amount of time you have known one another for the past five years – alongside your names and wedding date!
I’m sure what attracted you to him was his fun-loving adventurous spirit! Capture this and memorialize your special meeting place or wedding/honeymoon location with a custom epoxy and wood map. This stunning map features laser-cut wood and is finished with a deep blue epoxy to represent local water sources. The showstopping map comes in a wide array of sizes, shapes, and wood tones.
Make him smile with a mischievous and cheeky jar of f*&ks! The adorable jar is perfect for an office space to remind him to only briefly dwell on frustrations and then be visually reminded that life is fleeting and there are only just so many f*&ks to allocate to our worries! The small jar comes with a rustic aesthetic and will sit unassuming until someone leans in for a closer peek!
You have been married for a significant amount of time so what better way to commemorate such a feat than a beautiful timepiece! The watch features a dark sandalwood face and a dark suede wrist strap. The piece exudes an aesthetic of rugged and masculine sophistication and confidence – perfect for the hunk in your life. Plus, he’ll never be able to be late again!
For your favorite sailor or captain, he will adore this topographical map tray of his favorite waterway or coast! The tray is almost too beautiful to use however the artist protects the woodwork with a layer of glass to ensure an even serving area and to avoid spills and splashes! It is sweet, sentimental and a house party showstopper that he is sure to adore!
When you are home and together – you are always on family time! Capture his imagination with this adorable family clock! Each segment of the clock can be customized with a special photograph of your choosing which sure is one way to ensure that you are always on his mind! The center of the clock can be inscribed with your family name and the date of your wedding.
For the fledgling BBQ connoisseur, this smokehouse wood kit is the perfect accompaniment to his smoking gun infuser! Bring that classic BBQ house flavor to an entire array of food types such as ice cream and cocktails! It is the gift that keeps on giving and you’ll thank yourself when he serves you the perfect smoked Old Fashioned cocktail!
Tired of cup and glass marks on your tables around the house? Then give him the gift which cheekily serves your purposes…He will adore these robust and beautiful olive wood coasters! Each piece is rugged and individualized; for an added extra special touch, each coaster can also be inscribed with a note or initial.
Everybody needs a little chill and a touch of zen in their life – even hubs! This beautiful and artistic Japanese Zen garden is just the ticket. It features a sandy base, multiple rakes, and tools for sand grooming, rocks, and a set of stunning gemstone trees. It is the perfect gift for someone who needs to pause and take a few moments to reflect upon how lucky he is: obviously, he has you as a wife!
A gift that is sure to please is this clean and sleek whiskey glass which sits upon its own wooden, engraved pedestal – what is not to love! The tumbler features clean lines and is constructed of heavy and durable glass which is insulated in order to keep the contents cool. Both the wooden base and the glass itself can be custom inscribed as I am sure you need a wide array of words to describe this man!
Every chaps formal wardrobe needs a few things: formal suit, formal watch, and smart dress shoes. What most lack is a decent and well-made pair of cufflinks to tie it all together! These wooden cuff links are perfect for such occasions and match perfectly with an array of colors and tones. The dark wood complements the silver beautifully and the aesthetic leans towards rugged, masculine yet slick and sophisticated – which has to be a win!
This cool and really unusual item of desk décor is the perfect anniversary gift for your husband! The pen holder features multiple pictures of your choosing – on both sides of the holder. The holder itself is constructed of mahogany-shaded wood and has three compartments for stationery. The design can feature both pictures and your text for that extra touch!
Wood Anniversary Gifts for Them
Looking for a gift for a 5-year anniversary for your favorite couple? These gifts will work for her from him, for him for her, or for them – they are gender-neutral.
His & Hers Towel Hooks
Photo Album Music Record Player
- The perfect gift for avid music fans
- Great piece of home décor especially if they have an actual record player
- Great quality item which is quite unlike most items on the market – personalized musical décor: amazing!
Walnut Charcuterie Cheese Board
- Perfect for a charcuterie board
- Great as a display item
- Looks sleek and sophisticated
Look at This Pic Wood Frame
- Amusing. If they don’t want it in their living room, it is a great desk frame
- Conversation starter on someone’s desk
- Perfect for a funny group shot from the wedding
Photo Transfer On Wooden Frame
- Convenience factor of no ordering/printing pictures, so no additional item for a busy to-do list
- You could go with a funny note or a heartfelt one – it is up to you!
- The font and the wood color are both sophisticated and chic
Whether you’re buying for a married couple who’ve been together for a long time or young pups just moving in together, one thing’s for sure: people can get pretty territorial with their bath towels.
So be a hero and resolve that conflict with his and her towel hooks!
These wooden towel hooks are so cute; we think they’d match any bathroom decor.
They come in small, medium, or large, with or without hooks.
For a beautiful and interactive piece of home décor, this custom photo album cover is an incredible find! The item features a photograph of your choosing and a personalized record stylus featuring names and types of anniversaries. For an incredible touch, the record album cover actually plays music which could be their first song or simply a track special to both of them.
One of my absolute favorite gifts to give is an engraved wooden charcuterie board. It is perfect for so many occasions: wedding, housewarming, and fifth wedding anniversary of course! The board comes customizable with dates, names, or even a special message to your absolutely favorite couple. A neat accompaniment for this board would be your favorite selection of cheese and crackers, perfect for your next poker or movie night!
The perfect gift doesn’t exist…hold the phone. Have you ever been given a Chad Kroeger photograph frame?! Obviously not otherwise you would know that the perfect gift does in fact exist. Thrill your friends with a one-of-a-kind piece featuring an actual 90s icon! Who wouldn’t love this? You’ll never know, as any pals worth their salt will appreciate such a showstopping photograph frame.
For a fun and interesting wooden anniversary gift, your friends are sure to love this neat take on a photo frame. Their image is transposed directly onto a wooden board and customized with imagery and wording of your choosing…now be nice! The piece comes with its own metal stand so it is immediately ready for display – no pesky photograph printing required!
Thanks for checking out our list of fifth year anniversary gift ideas. If you have any other woody ideas be sure to share them in the comments below. Until next year (hint: the 6th anniversary is iron), congratulations on your fifth anniversary and we wish you all the best in the years to come!
Did you find this post useful? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Anniversary Gift board for later!
Despite her dreamy wedding blogger lifestyle, Meredith's day job is running ClassicVeils.com and a full-time mom to an active toddler. If she could, Meredith would spend her days taking cruises, helping animals in need, and watching Big Brother!
Wow lovely ideas for Anniversary gifts. I would love to get few for my husband…our anniversary coming next month :-). He loves music so the headphone so one will be that…i also loved the wooden stump table and the Wood Docking Station for our pads n phones. Thanks a lot.