With a change of season it’s important to not only switch up your outfits, but also your beauty regimen. And to help you better understand the importance of investing in a great matte finish foundation for all seasons, we’ve created this handy guide to answer the following questions:
- What is a matte finish foundation?
- Why are matte foundations effective?
- What are the best matte foundations?
Some women choose to use lighter foundations that better accommodate hotter/cooler weather and associated oily skin tones.
That’s exactly where matte finish foundations enter the scene. By using a matte foundation, you’ll be able to achieve buildable coverage that won’t clog your pores, leaving you feeling comfortable in your own skin.
No idea where to start with a matte finish foundation? Don’t worry, read on to get started!
What Is a Matte Finish Foundation?
Matte finish foundations create a look that is free of any excess oil and perfects the velvety finish that pulls light inward. These foundations often have powdery textures and work great for women with excessively oily skin and those that are prone to breakouts.To help minimize the appearance of oil on the skin, women that don’t want to add any additional moisture to their skins often choose to use matte finish foundations.
Why Should You Consider Using a Matte Foundation?
It’s true that matte finish foundations can sometimes exaggerate flaky skin, and wrinkles too. However, these formulations are easy to manipulate to your liking by simply applying a light layer of moisturizer before applying the foundation. There are actually a lot of great reasons why women with oily skin should consider using matte finish foundations. Let’s take a look at the advantages of using matte finish foundations.
Benefits of Matte Finish Foundations
- They offer a lightweight texture and finish that won’t leave the skin feeling heavy
- They’re easy to blend and provide buildable coverage
- They’re super effective when it comes to cutting down on excess oil
- They’re safe to use if you have acne-prone skin
- They’re great for women that live in humid climates looking for a long-wear foundation
Best Matte Finish Foundations
1. Stay Naked Weightless Foundation
by Urban Decay
2. Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
3. Matte Velvet Full Coverage Foundation
4. bareMinerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF15
5. L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation
6. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water