We love picnics, are you surprised? So this article is totally up our alley with it’s two picnics!
First, a DIY picnic wedding shoot at Moonshine Hill put together by Wedding 101 with some of their favorite ideas put forth. Be sure to scroll to the end of the post to see how to make doily umbrella stir sticks, and how to make
Here are two of our favorite DIY projects from this shoot!
How to DIY Silk Fringe Bunting
Fabric in colors of your choice (we chose ivory and champagne satin), scissors, twine, hot glue.
1. Cut fabric into 17 inch squares, then cut along diagonal to make triangle
2. Cut each triangle into “Fringe” strips, leaving 1 inch at the top
3. Hot glue the top of triangle to twine
4. Hang from everywhere and anywhere!
How to DIY Doily Umbrella Stirring Sticks
Mini doilies, wooden skewer sticks, white card stock, glue stick, hot glue, scissors, mini beads or pearls.
1. Cut card stock to match center circle of doily.
2. With a glue stick, glue card stock circle to center of doily.
3. Mark center of doily and cut a straight line from edge of doily to the center.
4. Line edge of cut with hot glue, bend the doily into a cone-like shape, and glue.
5. Hot glue end of skewer stick to inside of “umbrella”.
6. Hot glue jewel or bead to top of umbrella.
Champagne Picnic Engagement Session – Dessert for Two
Dessert for two, anyone? An uber cute champagne picnic engagement session that was photographed by the ever-so-talented Laura Murray Photography! Jessica styled the engagement shoot with the theme Dessert for Two in mind.
She just started a vintage rental company – A Vintage Affair Rentals. So you know this shoot is full of treasures!
Lavender News Update – The big surprise this week is a Love and Lavender make over! After months of brainstorming we teamed with Carolynn of Two Brunettes and Otis of Example 7 to bring you all a new and improved L&L. We are really excited to bring a new look to L&L and we have added a new vendor list feature, which should be up and running in September! We have updated all our pages, so wander around and take a look!