In this guide I will review the best place to buy wedding envelopes online by comparing 6 of the best companies that sell some cute, colorful, and craft-worthy envelopes!
Let’s face it, selecting envelopes can often be overlooked in a DIY wedding stationery project. After putting so much time and effort into crafting the perfect wedding invitation, don’t ruin the first impression by choosing a thin white envelope – boring!!
Dazzle your guests instead! Enclose invites, save-the-dates, an other wedding stationery in envelopes that match your unique wedding look and feel.
Do-it-yourself wedding stationery can be a rewarding experience, and might even be more cost effective. If you decide to get your stationery printed by a professionally company (Vistaprint is a good choice), usually these companies will include a free pack of 100 or so white envelopes.
But beware, these envelopes can be thin and flimsy — not exactly the wedding stationery opening experience you envision. If you do get a pack of free white envelopes, great! Keep them for future letters to send government documents, or use them for birthday cards, thank you notes, etc.
Below are my top 6 online envelope companies (June 2016) in terms of their service, features, selection, price, and overall value.
Company: Paper Source
A highly respected brand in the online wedding stationery world. Paper Source offers good value for money spent.
- A great option if you need a smaller number of envelopes
- Easy to use website that allows you to search by size
- Extra discounts if you buy in bulk
- If you are not fussy, they have a small discount section that sells envelopes with slight imperfections at a reduced price
- Unfortunately they do not offer samples
Pricing: A minimum order for envelopes is 10 packs, and they range in price from $4.25 – $7.25 per pack
Envelope Types Offered: 4 bar, A2, A6, A7, A9, #10, Square, Business
Company: Paper and More
It is a family run business, so you know the customer service will be as personal as you can get. We are glad to see that Paper and More recently updated their website — a much better overall envelope buying experience!
- Good selection of envelope color choices, 90 different colored A7s to be exact
- Choose between either square or Euro flap
- Sample packs available if you would like to see their envelopes before ordering or can’t choose which color you want (18 envelopes in various combinations)
- Small sale section where you might find discounted envelopes for your event
Pricing: A minimum order for A7 sized envelopes is 50 per pack and they range between $11.99-$19.99
Envelope Types Offered: A1 (4 bar), A2, A6, A7, A8, A9 and more
Company: Envelope Mall
The name says it all. A huge selection of over 255 envelope colors for A7 size alone means you’ll be able to find the envelope for your wedding stationery.
- One of the easier sites to navigate and search for envelopes by both color and size
- Allow you to order sample envelopes
- Host a large warehouse section selling excess stock at discounted prices. You may be able to find your must-have invite for a cheaper price!
Pricing: They sell A7 envelopes in larger quantities at a minimum 100 envelopes per pack and range from $6.70-$21.95
Envelope Types Offered: A1, 4 bar, A2, A6, A7, A9, A10, Square
Company: LCI Paper
LCI Paper is a great choice if you are looking for different flap options!
- Flap options: euro flap, old world flap, pointed flap as well as square flap
- A user friendly website allows easy navigation – first choose your envelope size and then color
- A selection of 133 different envelope colors to choose from; white envelopes with 42 different liner colors.
- Unfortunately, liners are not sold separately
- For a little extra, they will print the name and address of your guest right onto the envelope, which is a great time saver.
- You can order samples
- Extensive sale section
Pricing: A minimum order for A7 envelopes is a 50 per pack and they range from $14-26 dollars
Envelope Types Offered: A1, A2, A6, A7, A9, A10, #10, Square
With a name like Envelopes.com, I am sure you guessed what they sell! They are a 2nd generation owned and operated family business that has been running since 1971. Their focus is to provide their customers with the largest in-stock selection of envelope styles, sizes and colors.
- A good place to start if you are looking for a unique and hard to find styles. You can start your search by colors or styles or through their own designated wedding shop section.
- Offer over 100 colors in A7, including saturated LuxColors, LuxTextures, Metallics, LuxFoil Lined and LuxSparkle.
- Envelope samples available. Up to $5 spent on samples can be used towards your next order of $20+
Pricing: Minimum quantity order for A7 is 50 and they range from $8.95 – $21.95
Envelope Types Offered: A1, A2, A4, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, Square
A small online store that specializes in pocket invitations.
- Sell over 108 color of envelopes in 12 different sizes made of premium paper
- A clearance section means you might be able to score some half price envelopes and liners
Pricing: Minimum quantity to order A7 envelopes is 10 and the prices range from $0.15 – $0.31 each
Envelope Types Offered: A2, A6, A7, A8, A9, No. 10, 6 1/2″ Square, Outer A7.5, Outer 6.75 Square, 3 5/8 x 5 1/8 RSVP Envelope, 3 5/8 x 5 1/8 RSVP Envelope and A+
After you receive your envelopes, go read our tutorial on How to Address Save-the-Dates