50th Birthday Gift Ideas to Forget They’re Half a Century Old!
Hooray for turning 50!
It’s a huge milestone birthday that should be absolutely celebrated to the nines, and it’s definitely NOT the birthday to scrimp on a great gift. You need to find the best 50th birthday gift ideas ever, and lucky for you, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at Love & Lavender we adore putting together gift lists, especially when the celebration in question is a big one. And we reckon making it through half a century is right up there in terms of birthdays that must be celebrated. Ideally with a humongous cake, lots of balloons, some noise makers and tiny party hats. Plus, you know, that amazing, thoughtful gift you found with a little help from your pals at L&L.
Behold – our list of some of the best gift ideas to help your favorite 50-year-old celebrate the special occasion!
50th Birthday Gift Ideas For Her
- Delicate option for daily wear
- Gold is good for piercing sensitivity
- Moonstone is known to deflect negativity
50th Birthday Birthstone Necklace
- Easy to dress up or down
- Grab matching earrings to make a set
- Simple design goes with every style
Phenomenal Woman Glasses
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes in a set of two for sharing
- Grab a bottle of wine and celebrate together
Digital Photo Frame
- Easily add photos wirelessly
- Add music to slideshows
- Built-in memory
Sleep Easy Self Care Bundle
- Self care is the ultimate gift
- Lavender scent is the perfect relaxation smell
- Body scrub will leave her feeling refreshed and relaxed but not greasy
- Slight variations to each piece give them a handcrafted feel
- Bee and wildflower handles are perfect for a cottage core aesthetic
- Perfect to use as a serving spoon
Luxury Tree Jewelry Rack
- Four colors to choose from
- Tree design gives a whimsical feel
- A lovely way to display jewelry — hint, gift her the above earrings or necklace when you give her this display rack
Timeless Wristlet Wallet
- Choose from three colors and the option to have a design engraved like the cute little bees
- Chic and easy to carry
- Lifetime leather fix policy
Birthday Candle Card
- Lovely to display
- Blank inside for optimum personalization
- Comes in a cellophane sleeve to protect the candles
Moonstone jewelry is always a special gift, as moonstones are purported to help clear the mind, cultivate deep sleep, and deflect negativity. These handmade earrings are incredibly beautiful, and suitable for special occasions and everyday wear.
Made to order, this mixed metal necklace has five interlocking rings - one for each decade. Sterling silver, 14k gold, and a birthstone of your choice.
Suppose your favorite 50-year-old is ready to party down? In that case, these wine glasses are the perfect way for her to enjoy a beverage while keeping it classy. Whether she's enjoying an adult-beverage or a glass of juice, these are the perfect way to remind her how phenomenal she is.
I don't know about you, but with the camera so readily available on my phone, I have more photos than I could ever get printed and display. That's why this digital frame is so awesome. Now she can display all her favorite memories from the last 50 years without having to choose.
It's not a stretch to assume that the rockin' 50-year-old in your life could probably do with a bit of relaxation in addition to her birthday festivities. This self-care set will send her to dreamland so she can rest up for all the fun activities ahead.
Calling all kitchen queens! The cutest teaspoons ever are up for grabs. These bee and flower spoons are almost too pretty to use, but are perfect for sugar bowls, honey, or any other sweet thing in your kitchen.
She's probably amassed quite the jewelry collection over the last fifty years. Sure, there are jewelry boxes to store all the trinkets, but some pieces are just too pretty to hide. That's where this tree comes in — it's beautiful enough to sit on a dresser so she can hang all her favorite pieces. There's even a tray on the bottom for rings and earrings!
Who needs a giant purse when a wristlet is so chic. This leather wristlet can hold a surprising amount — aka everything she'll need for a night out. From cash to cards, all her important items will be tucked away in this dainty and easy to carry wallet.
Fifty is a lot of candles. While they may not be real candles, this card showcases the number of candles in such a fun way. Rolled paper make up the "candles." Each card is handmade and unique, just like the birthday girl
50th Birthday Gifts For Him
Custom Family Name and Date Sign
- Up to 5 states or random
- Perfect for the man who loves his cars
- Great if he's lived in a few places
Straight Razor Set
- Kit includes everything he needs
- Japanese steel for a high quality blade
- Saves him money and keeps him looking great
Custom Design Photo Socks
- Lots of colors and designs to choose from
- A funny yet useful gift
- Comfy and cozy
Beer Cap USA Map
- Great for beer lovers
- Three different sizes to choose from
- Ready to hang and display
Code of Ethics Wooden Sign
- Add his name so everyone knows who is in charge
- Rules are completely custom and tailored to him
- Made from 100% birchwood
Valet Box and Watch Display
- Separate compartment for organizing cufflinks
- Sleek enough for any dresser
- Space for up to ten watches
Rings of Celebration Birthday Glass
- Great for whiskey drinkers
- Rings are a unique way to showcase his 50 years
- Comes in a set of two — perfect for sharing
Gin Making Kit Gift Set
- An experiential gift
- Great for the guy who loves to try new things
- Gin lovers will love it
Around the World Beer Bucket
- Perfect way to try new things
- Just the thing for a guy who has everything
- Great to share
Whether he's a gearhead or not, a funky and personalised tin license plate makes a cool addition to your art collection. Add his initials, birthdate, an inside for him or anything that's guaranteed to make him smile when he sees it.
Nothing says class like a straight razor. Shaving with a straight razor turns a chore into an experience. This kit has everything he needs to a fresh, and irresistible, face. It's almost like he gets to go to a barber every day.
Fun for his feet? Say no more! Whether it's your face, his face, the dog's face...it doesn't matter. These fun photo socks are sure to get a laugh out of him — and keep his toes cozy. Get him a few pairs and he smile every time he tugs on his shoes.
Know a beer drinker who likes to travel? This is the gift for him. This bottle cap map has spots for 81 beer caps, plenty of space for him to add all his favorite beers. These maps are the perfect sign for him to try that new brewery he's been talking about.
No man cave or bar is complete without a sign laying down the rules. Add up to 4 rules that he would want for his space, and he's got a code of ethics he'll be happy to abide by. UV protection makes this sign super versatile — meaning it would look great out by the pool, too.
Many men I know have a thing for collecting watches and accessories. And when they have a “thing” for collecting, that usually means they will appreciate a special place to keep and showcase them. After 50 years on this earth, he's bound to have accumulated a few. / This beautifully crafted box is the perfect gift and a great way for him to keep his special accessories safe and in one place.
We love this glass’s natural symbolism etched with a tree-ring pattern: another ring, another year wiser. You can customize it with his year of birth, then raise a toast to many more.
Who knew how quick and easy it can be to make gin? If you’ve got a martini or G&T man in your life, this is the gift for him! Comes with 10 different botanicals to create his own style or use the 3 recipes included in the set. Either way, it’s a fantastic way to celebrate 50.
What do you get for the guy that has everything? Well, that’s easy – beer! If he can’t stand the bells and whistles often associated with a 50th birthday bash, then this Around the World Beer Bucket by Gourmet Gift Baskets may just be the perfect gift for the birthday boy.
Not only does it come with a really impressive variety of beers, it also comes with some amazingly paired snacks, making it perfect for sharing or to be enjoyed in sweet solitude for days to come!
50th Birthday Gifts for Either
Classic Fountain Pen
- Improves handwriting
- Beautiful to display on a desk
- A classic gift they can keep for years to come
50th Photo Collage Giant Card
- An extra special way to give a card
- Choose pictures to celebrate the last 50 years
- GIANT stamp and envelope included
Personalized Valet Tray
- Multiple sizes and colors to choose from
- Personalization available
- Perfect for rings, keys, and change
Happy Birthday Gift Basket
- Snacks for every taste
- Great for minimalists
- Easy to schedule birthday delivery
- Designs for every interest
- A bookish gift readers will love
- A bookmark they definitely won't already have
Self-Heating Ceramic Mug & Charger
- Charging pad also charges phones
- Coaster is spill-resistant
- Keeps hot drinks hot, even when it's chilly
Bucket List Experience
- Experiential gift
- Lots of choices so there's something for everyone
- Perfect for someone looking to try something new
Heated Sherpa Blanket
- Perfect for someone who lives in cold climates
- Dual controls provide personalized comfort
- Double sided for extra coziness
50 Reasons Why We Love You
- Multiple sizes to choose from
- Completely customizable
- Ready to hang
Personalized Jelly Belly Candy Tin
- A funny gift for jokesters
- Easy to refill
- Perfect for those with a sweet tooth
House Letterpress Portrait Art
- A special way to celebrate a birthday and a place they love
- Choose a place that means the most to them
- A great way to remember a place from the past or their current home
Scratch Off World Map
- Perfect for travelers
- Incentive to explore more
- A visual way to celebrate experiences
New York Times Custom Birthday Book
- Snapshot of history
- Bound in a hardcover and perfect for coffee tables
- Made in the USA
Box of Birthday Wishes
- 40 different wish options
- A physical reminder of your wishes for them
- Container can be personalized with color and name
He’ll be writing in style with this fountain pen, complete with gold-plated accents. We think a really fancy fountain pen carries a certain air of distinction, and the man who’s made it to 50 deserves to be recognized for it!
You're probably going to get a card anyway, so why not have a bit of fun with this oversized tin card?? Write a special message inside and show the birthday person just how big your love for for them is.
If you take your rings off at night, you need somewhere to put them. So why not give a beautifully personalized genuine leather tray to store all your jewelry bits and bobs to thoughtfully solve this problem.
Snacks are always a good idea. There are options for those with a sweet tooth, who love wine, popcorn fanatics, and everyone in between. The best part about food gifts? There's nothing left to clutter the house. That's a win-win.
I own quite a few bookmarks. And by quite a few, I mean A LOT, and I have never seen anything like these. From unicorns to Shakespear to cats, there's something for everyone. Whatever their fancy, these bookmarks are sure to make them smile everytime they open — or close— their book.
There is nothing worse than hot coffee going cold. If the birthday person has a tendency to forget about their hot drink until it's chilly, this self-heating mug is the perfect thing. The charging pad heats up to keep their hot tea or coffee just the right toasty temp.
There's nothing quite as special as gifting an experience. With so many options to choose from, you're sure to find just the right activity for every man in your life. And since each experience is different, they certainly doesn't have it already! So, grab them a kayaking trip through sea caves, a drive around a Nascar track, or a skydiving experience — and maybe have a little fun and join them!
This heated blanket is the most luxurious one I've ever seen. The blankets have dual zones and separate controls (perfect for snuggling with someone else). The luxe faux sherpa is so cozy, they're going to never want to resurface.
There are probably many more reasons, but this is the sweetest way to highlight the top 50 for their 50th. Available in multiple sizes, these designs arrive ready to hang. Whatever reasons you include, they're sure to love looking at this sentimental piece of art.
This tongue and cheek sweets tin is the perfect 50th birthday gift for the person who knows how to laugh at themselves! Select pre-designed funny tins (Curiously Past His Prime, Curiously Strong Woman) or design your own.
50 years on this planet means a lot of road behind you. We’re talkin’ marriage, landscaping, kids, birthdays, home improvements, alllll the things. (Maybe. Not necessarily in that order…)
If your giftee has lived in his or her house for most of their adult life, chances are a custom portrait of their home sweet home will hold a lot of sentimentality. It’s a thoughtful 50th birthday gift commemorating all of those earlier milestones while celebrating another!
There are many advantages to hitting 50, not the least of which is all the cool places you’ve gone and experiences you’ve had. Give them the gift of reminiscing about all of those adventures with this cool scratch-off map!
When they scratch off each place they’ve been to, a beautiful burst of color appears with geographic detail. And what a great reminder for them that life doesn’t end at 50, there’s still plenty left to discover and explore on this beautiful planet!
Birthdays are big news, particularly the 50th edition. This book will show them what was on the New York Times’ front page every birthday since their first. Personalize the book with their name and date of birth on the rich leather binding, and you’ll have a fascinating snapshot into what happened on that particular day every year.
There's nothing sweeter than heartfelt birthday wishes. Whether you can celebrate their milestone birthday with them or not, these personalized birthday wishes let them know just how much they mean to you. Whether you choose heartfelt or funny — or a combination of the two — the wishes will be something the remember.
Fifty Is Fantastic!
If you or a loved one is hitting this all-important milestone, congratulations!
At 50, you’ve paid your dues, earned respect and admiration, and are probably giving out life advice to those who need it. It’s certainly a cause for huge celebration. So why not throw that party, give the gifts, and keep the champagne flowing!
*TIP: Save THIS PIN to your Gift Ideas board on Pinterest and get back to this post later*