Three years have flown by and it likely feels like a lifetime. The honeymoon period may lose its luster by year three, but who says the good times have to go away for good? A 3rd anniversary can be an excellent opportunity to extend your post-wedding glow a little bit longer.
I bet you’ve accomplish a lot together over these past few years. Now it is important to take the day and reminisces about all the wonderful moments that have passed. Enjoy your anniversary day together. If there is room in your budget, buy your significant other a little something special!
Let’s jump right in and find out what the 3rd anniversary theme is all about, and inspire you with our gift roundup.
What’s the Traditional Third Year Anniversary Gift?
At this point in your marriage, you’ll be aware of the durability of your relationship. Habits and patterns formed early in the relationship are solidified. It is also the time in a relationship where couples appreciate the security that a long lived bond provides — knowing a lot about each other and being at ease with anything that comes your way.
Perhaps that is why the traditionally the 3rd wedding anniversary gift in the US is leather. Leather is a material that is strong, flexible, and very durable. A resilient and rugged material that reaffirms how much you value your life partner.
Modern Third Anniversary Gift
For a modern twist on the third wedding anniversary gift, both crystal and glass are given which symbolizes reflection and beauty.
- Symbolic Flower: Sunflowers. Sunflowers are the official flower for a third anniversary. A symbol of adoration, loyalty and longevity, these bright yellow flowers live up to their name. Their strong stalks symbolize the foundation of your marriage while the vibrant petals represent love radiating outward. They send a reminder to stand tall and follow your dreams – an inspiring message for your years to come as a couple.
- Symbolic gem: Moonstone. The gemstone symbolizing the third year anniversary is the glowing moonstone. This stone is a fitting choice as it promotes good fortune in love. A stone of inner strength and growth, it also promotes balance, inspiration and has a calming effect on its wearer. Just in case either of you are June babies, all the better. It’s also the birthstone for the month of June! Alternatively, crystal and jade can also be gifted for the 3rd anniversary.
Gift Ideas for Your 3rd Anniversary
Lucky for you, gift giving options are literally endless when it comes to the 3rd year wedding anniversary gift theme. I actually had to stop myself from adding more to this post. There are SOOO many great leather gifts out there!
Here are my best 3rd wedding anniversary gift ideas for all budgets. Hopefully, you are able to choose the perfect gift for your beloved on their third marriage anniversary.
Leather Anniversary Gifts For Her
- Comfortable enough to wear all day
- Style up or down easily
- Bright teal bottoms give a pop of color to every pair
- Classic anniversary gift
- Pick up a matching necklace for a set
- Leather is lightweight in your ears
- A gift she can use for years to come
- Lots of styles to choose from
- A gift and an investment
- Sweet addition to an anniversary trip
- Small pouch for keeping delicates organized
- Zippered closure is secure
- A bookish gift readers will love
- One-of-a-kind piece for a one-of-a-kind love.
- Combine with a book for a truly thoughtful gift.
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Gift with a trip for an extra special anniversary
- Leather construction is beautiful and on theme
- Location coordinates add a sentimental touch
- Classic color options to choose from
- Masculine and a classic style
My most favorite leather gift to give has to be a pair of Tieks flats. If your lady didn’t wear them on her big day, now is a good time to gift a pair. Made of the finest Italian leather, and taking 3 days and over 150 steps to make one pair, these leather shoes are the perfect flats to wear all day, every day.
If your budget is a little smaller and you just want to give a token leather gift, think about leather jewelry. There are all sorts to wade through, but we love these cute double-layered metallic leather leaf earrings in shades of gold.
Freshly cut flowers are always a good idea. Add some sunshine into your day with a bright bouquet of sunflowers. Not only are they the official flower for your third year, they make a robust and vibrant addition to your home. It’s tough to be in a bad mood around sunflowers.
A leather designer handbag is not only a practical gift it is very functional as well. Of course, updating an everyday purse makes for a satisfying shopping trip. Saving up to buy that affordable luxury designer handbag is very exciting, but surprising your loved one with a coveted dream designer handbag will just blow her out of the water. It’s your 3rd anniversary — kind of a big deal. Surprise her by spending a little extra and splurge on that dream leather hand bag.
If you're a couple that loves to travel, this jewelry organizer is exactly what she needs. It's the perfect size for a purse or carryon and made to keep her valuables safe and organized. If you're already booking an anniversary trip, she definitely needs this case.
I love corner bookmarks. They make it so easy to flip to the right page and pick back up where I left off. Personalize this sweet bookmark and she's sure to think of you with every turn of the page.
Luggage tags are a travel necessity in my opinion. Not only do they add a bit of spunk to a basic black suitcase (or whatever color you have!), but they also making spotting your bag so much easier.
If understated and simple is your man's style, this is the gift for him. This handcrafted leather bracelet for men can be engraved to make a beautiful and very personalized gift.
Bonus Idea: Plan a 3rd Year Inspirational Leather Anniversary Shoot
We feature stunning engagement shoots and real weddings here on Love & Lavender every week. You will also find the odd anniversary shoot featured.
What is an anniversary shoot you may ask? Simple. Get your favorite photographer (perhaps the one from your big day), secure a venue, and put together a look and style like the leather detailed one above. Et voila! You have yourself a 3rd anniversary shoot with leather details.
Check out this couple from Texas, who put together a wonderful styled third anniversary shoot!
Leather Anniversary Gifts for Him
- Large capacity for optimum storage
- Lots of pockets for organization
- Simple, masculine design
- Spacious yet organized
- Fits carry-on specifications
- Combine with a trip for an extra special anniversary
- Keep his accessories organized
- Mutliple sizes to choose from
- Looks great on a dresser
- Solid and sturdy
- Good ergonomic support against back and neck pain
- Affordable and comfortable
- Two different backings to choose from
- Keeps desk tidy and organized
- Great for offices or work-from-home setups
- Lots of pockets for organization
- Water-resistant lining
- Compact and easy to grab
- Multiple leather colors to choose from
- Slim design fits easily in pockets
- Easily keeps cash at hand
- 4 large pockets & various specialty pockets
- Cross body strap option for extra comfort
- Durable and stylish
- Made in the USA
- Full-grain cow and horse leather
- Comes with Notebook & Stainless Steel Ball Point Gel Pen
First up is this gorgeous leather messenger bag. It is one of the gifts my husband has been craving for a long time. We checked out what wirecutter had to say about their top leather messenger bags along with suggestions for a clean-looking leather briefcase.
This simple-looking leather bag from Fossil has a large capacity and ample organization — great for work and play.
For more stylish bag ideas, read our article on leather messenger bags here.
Every man needs a sturdy weekender travel bag made from rich leather. This spacious bag comes in either black or chestnut, has lots of handy pockets, and fits cabin size requirements for most airlines. If there are work trips in his future, this is a durable gift that will get a lot of use.
After the wedding, he may have a few extra pieces to add to his collection with nowhere to put them. An accessory storage box takes care of his small jewelry storage needs. Add a monogram to make it his own.
The right office chair makes a big difference to your work environment. Perhaps he wants to refresh a drab office space with a sleek and well-designed leather chair. Or, maybe it is time to dispose of the cheaper plastic variety for a more ergonomic office chair.
This desk mat in full-grain leather (meaning its the top quality) is made with premium, USA leather. It comes in a variety of colors and features a cut-through for cables!
Streamlined and durable, this toiletry bag is ready to throw in a weekend bag so he can hit the road. Fill it with travel sizes of his favorite products, and he'll ready for adventure.
If you're looking for a gift your hubby can use everyday, this is just the thing. This leather magnetic money clip is engravable and made from high quality leather.With three colors, eleven font options, and four engraving placements, the combinations are endless. They'll love seeing this symbol of your love every time they use it.
Got yourself a handyman? Then he needs this leather apron. Not only are leather aprons beautiful, but they are absolutely necessary when working with tools (aka they're super protective). Whether he's welding, cutting, or just tinkering, keep him safe and handsome.
A traveling man needs a passport cover. This functional piece can be used for a travel journal if that's more up his alley. Whatever he uses it for, he's bound to love this new heirloom.
Leather Anniversary Gifts for Couple
A few ideas that are perfect to gift to a couple.
- Perfect height for propping up feet
- Low profile and great for small spaces
- Moroccan-style perfect for bohemian or ecclectic decor
- Unique way to display a photo
- Great for a desk or bookshelf
- Sentimental spin on the traditional leather gifts
- Cork backing keeps them in place
- Leather color works with lots of decor styles
- Useful yet traditional gift
Bridal shower gifts for couples can get sort of predictable, so we skipped over the matching wine glasses or personalized champagne glasses in favor of something much more interesting here.
After all, the couple who drinks together stays together, right? Maybe. But one thing’s for sure, this pretty gift set is a great engagement gift idea for couples who like to bond over beverages now and then. (I sense a romantic-evening-in coming up!)
The glasses come in a personalized etched box to make it really special, or you can opt to go box-free and wrap them however you wish.
Any interior designer lovers out there?
I had one of these leather ottoman’s growing up and can still remember it as a comforting companion for my feet.
If your loved one is looking for that global inspiration to complete a room, this distinctive Moroccan leather pouf could be the perfect finishing touch.
I love getting a framed photo to remember special moments in time. Go a step further and get your photo uniquely printed on leather.
Water rings be gone! Protect your furniture with these textured leather coasters. The leather covers a hard plastic making these sturdy and beautiful. The classic leather color is perfect for any decor style.
Congratulations on your third anniversary and we wish you all the best in the years to come!
We hope our list has provided you with some great gift ideas. Until next year (hint: it’s silk), thanks for checking out our list of 3rd anniversary gift ideas.
*Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Anniversary Gifts board!*
Despite her dreamy wedding blogger lifestyle, Meredith's day job is running ClassicVeils.com and a full-time mom to an active toddler. If she could, Meredith would spend her days taking cruises, helping animals in need, and watching Big Brother!