13 Fairy-Tale Wedding Guest Book Trees
If you’ve never seen a wedding guest book tree before, prepare to be delighted! As far as wedding guest book alternatives go, it’s definitely one of our favorites, and we think once you check out the trees we’ve featured in our list, you’ll agree.
The wedding tree (or wishing tree) is a lovely Dutch wedding custom that has recently gained huge popularity in the US. That increase in popularity has given rise to all manner of wedding tree types and styles to take the place of a bound paper guestbook.
Guests write special notes for the newlyweds on small pieces of paper and then affix them to the branches of the wedding wishing tree. At some weddings, the couple reads the notes aloud and then hangs them on the tree.
If you’re intrigued, stick with us. We’ll show you some traditional tree wedding guestbooks, then dazzle you with some wishing-tree-inspired wedding guestbooks fit for a storybook wedding!
Some Wedding Guest Book Tree Tips:
- If your tree doesn’t come with card stock notes, ask your stationery vendor if they can create some that match your stationery. (They may even punch hanging holes in the cards for you.)
- Keep at least 20 more cards and fasteners handy than your guest count.
- Since you may have several guests at your wishing tree table at once, leave plenty of markers. Since some of those guests may be of the kid variety, leave plenty of hand-washing wipes, too.
Without further ado, here are some amazing wedding guest book ideas:
- Rustic Mountain Landscape Pine Tree Guest Book
- Wooden Pine Tree Guest Book
- Tree of Life Wooden Wedding Guest Book
- Rustic Birch Wedding Guest Book
- Personalized Wooden Tree Guest Book
- 3D Love Tree
- Transparent Shadowbox Guest Book Tree
- Eternal Redwood Signature Tree
- Rustic Wedding Wishing Tree With Tags
- Rustic Signing Stump Guest Book
- Wedding Tree Jigsaw Puzzle Guest Book
- Live Edge Tree Slice Guest Book
- Watercolor Pine Tree Signing Print
Traditional Tree Wedding Guest Books
Here are our top picks for traditional wedding guest book trees.
Rustic Mountain Landscape Pine Tree Guest Book
- Watercolor designs are always fantastic at weddings!
- It's a simple yet stylish way to record your guests on your big day
- It's affordable!
Wooden Pine Tree Guest Book
- Bamboo is eco-friendly!
- The lay-flat binding makes signing easy
- It'll make a really chic coffee table book
Tree of Life Wooden Wedding Guest Book
- Storybook weddings are the best!
- The Celtic design is so unique
- The MKendraWedding shop will etch a special message on the inside cover if you wish
Rustic Birch Wedding Guest Book
- How cute is that little heart?!
- The shop will add up to 40 extra pages free of charge
- Its quaint, rustic style is perfect for a daytime boho wedding
Personalized Wooden Tree Guest Book
- The vintage Victorian aesthetic is just gorgeous!
- The customization options are practically limitless
- The shop will adjust the binding if you want to use it as a photo guest book
Meadows, mist, and towering pines decorate the cover of this spiral guest book, and honestly, I thought I caught a whiff of evergreen for a second there just looking at it.
If you're hosting a wedding in the woods, the shades of green, copper, and grey will complement your natural decor beautifully! The book comes in hard and soft cover varieties and seven-page styles.
Originally envisioned as an AirBnB guest signature book, we think this engraved bamboo book would look just as chic at a twilight forest wedding.
Engraved, hand-sanded, and sealed, it's designed to be a long-lasting keepsake you'll revisit over and over. It comes in two sizes and has plenty of paper choices to suit your needs.
This guest book was just made for a magical Celtic-themed wedding in the woods! It features a tree of life adorned with stars and corner embellishments hand-etched into the wooden cover.
The cover comes in five stain options and is finished with matte varnish. It comes in 2 sizes with 25 sheets of thick white paper.
There's no better medium to catch the simple beauty of birch trees than birchwood itself. Ironic? Yes. Beautiful? Absolutely! It's cut, burned, and stained by hand and personalized with your and your partner’s name and wedding date.
The book comes in one size (10" x 8.5") with 20 pages of thick white cardstock for your guests to leave their advice on love, marriage, and everything that goes with it.
A handsome addition to any wedding in the countryside! Maybe it's the hardware-fastened leather binding and luxe stain options, but we are lovin' the almost (almost) masculine vibe this book gives off.
Once you open it, however, it's a totally different story! Each page is adorned with filigree borders and calligraphy worthy of a Jane Austen novel.
The book comes in two sizes, with more customization options than you can shake a stick at; you only need to let the woodlack shop know what you want, and they'll make it one-of-a-kind just for you.
Alternative Wedding Tree Guest Books
Here are our top picks for alternative wedding guest book trees.
3D Love Tree
- You can add a matching sign to your order
- The seller provides inclusive personalization options
- It's stunning no matter what colors you choose!
Transparent Shadowbox Guest Book Tree
- We predict shadowbox wedding guest books will be the next big thing
- The personalized box is so cute!
- The shop will send you extra leaves if you want extras
Eternal Redwood Signature Tree
- The signature effect on the branches is so cool!
- It's going to look enchanting on your wall at home
- It's printed with fade-proof archival ink to last forever
Rustic Signing Stump Guest Book
- They made the cutest matching "please sign" sign to add to your order
- The little lovebirds in the branches are delightful!
- No two signing stumps will be alike
Wedding Tree Jigsaw Puzzle Guest Book
- Puzzle guest books are fantastic!
- It's perfect for an outdoor garden wedding
- The extra add-ons are well worth the price
Live Edge Tree Slice Guest Book
- It's effortlessly beautiful
- You can add a matching twig pencil to your order!
- The seller will work with you if you need a different size
Watercolor Pine Tree Signing Print
- The stop is known for its above-and-beyond customer service
- Love how the signatures become part of the tree
- You'll get endless compliments on it hanging on your wall!
This guest book features a gorgeous leafy tree for your guests to sign with a tiny bride and groom silhouette sneaking a kiss underneath. Text and images are raised for a dramatic effect.
The boards are customizable with any colors you wish and are available in sizes to accommodate 30-300 guests' signatures. In case you were wondering, there are diverse choices for the couple's silhouette as well.
We've featured a few shadowbox guest books on our list, and we love them because they're so creative! This one will surely be a crowd-pleaser at your signature table on the big day.
It's available in various color and font choices to customize with your personal info. You can order 30-250 leaves, hearts, or acorns for your guests to sign. A matching decorative box is available to hold your leaves.
This dramatic towering redwood becomes more beautiful as your guests sign the branches! Each signature looks like a part of the tree, just like your loved ones were part of the most important day of your life.
The tree is hand-drawn with quill and ink and painted in watercolors, then printed on your choice of paper or canvas. It comes in two sizes with enough branches for 0-150 or 150-225 guests to sign.
This pretty signing board is handmade from reclaimed wood and has an almost retro feel that we're a little bit in love with! Each natural-edged cross-cut branch signing stump has natural rings and flaws, making each one unique!
The stumps are hand-finished, and there are 18 background colors to choose from. Five fonts are available to customize your guest book tree. It comes in four sizes with 60-120 signing spots.
If you've seen our post on wedding guest book puzzles, you know that they can do double duty as a way to entertain your guests, too! We love the visually striking border contrast on this one, and the matching puzzle pieces box is a fantastic compliment!
The puzzle comes in a large selection of sizes to accommodate every guest list, and you can also choose a larger puzzle with larger pieces. In addition to the matching box, you can order a "please sign" sign and two pens with the set.
This truly rustic signing board shows that nature's beauty is sometimes the perfect accessory! We envision it in a laid-back outdoor forest wedding or a romantic wedding in the countryside.
It's a simple live-edge wooden slab sanded and finished for your guests to sign. Add the personalized wood-burned heart to indicate your name and wedding date, or if you prefer, you can request the information burned right into the slab. Easy peasy.
Another beautiful watercolor version of a wedding tree! This one is hand-drawn and printed on thick artist's paper in fade-resistant archival ink.
It comes in seven sizes to accommodate 5-250 guest signatures. You can have your art customized in ten font options, too.
It doesn't come framed, so you can select one to fit your home decor when it's time to hang it. Comes with a printed instructions sign for your guests and an artist-quality signing pen.
We Love Wedding Tree Guest Books!
And with the beautiful ideas on our list, we’re sure you do now, too! We’re willing to bet the Dutch custom will take root in the States and become a part of many weddings here, too. It really is the perfect symbol for a healthy, lasting marriage.
Leave a Comment