22 Impressive Iron Anniversary Gifts for Your 6th Year
If you are getting close to celebrating six years of wedded bliss, and you’re panicked on what to get for your other half, fear not. We’ve pulled together some of the best iron anniversary gift ideas for either him or her.
The big wedding anniversary milestones seem to get the most attention and and biggest presents! But we believe that EVERY wedding anniversary deserves to be special and unique. Anniversaries are a time to celebrate the union you have built together. After all, 72 months of marriage is a big accomplishment that deserves recognition.
First, let’s briefly discuss what the sixth anniversary traditional gift (iron) is all about.
Traditional 6th Anniversary Gift
Traditionally, the sixth-anniversary gift is iron.
Why iron as a gift? Well, iron has been an important metal throughout civilization. Some believe it represents a strong bond between partners that is very difficult to break. It makes sense to give such an enduring, long lasting, or practical gift for the home.
Modern 6th Year Anniversary Gifts
Modern lists mark the sixth anniversary with candy or chocolate – hello, now your talking our language! Maybe just drop a few hints that your significant other should consider buying both candy and iron to make sure we cover all bases in this special anniversary year.
- Calla Lily: the elegant, slender calla lily flower is the traditional flower for a 6th anniversary. It is unlike any other and symbolizes all the ways that each partner’s love has grown over six years of marriage. The calla lily is thought to posess a magical light source inside that radiates upwards – a great analogy for reflecting upon six years of marriage together.
- Amethyst: The traditional gemstone for a 6th anniversary is a calming stone that helps promote calm, balance, and peace.
Iron Gifts for Her
Celebrate by giving her unique iron gifts for the home, or something special just for her.
Hand Forged Iron Catch All Dish
- Hand-forged construction means each piece is unique (like your love)
- Perfect spot for keys or jewelry
- Unique forging process leaves a smooth finish
Everlasting Iron Rose
- Lasts longer than traditional flowers
- Immortalizes love in a physical way
- Great alternative for those with allergies
Handmade Iron Wire Love Card
- Blank interior allows for optimum personalization
- Iron represents the strength of a loving bond
- Iron "love" can be removed and displayed elsewhere
Personalised 6th Iron Anniversary Card
- Iron stamped heart keeps this card on theme
- Great for couples not exchanging gifts
- Heart can be removed and kept as a keepsake
Iron Meteorite Real Shooting Star
- Just the thing for an astonomer at heart
- An out-of-this-world gift
- Each piece is one-of-a-kind
Feast Hammered Iron Serving Bowl
- Can be used for display or serving
- Sturdy handles for easy carrying
- Perfect for every decor style
Engraved Iron Bookmark
- A bookish gift readers will love
- One-of-a-kind piece for a one-of-a-kind love
- Combine with a book for a truly thoughtful gift
Forged Iron Earrings
- Lots of options to choose from
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive ears
- Add a matching necklace for a complete gift
- Easy to dress up or down
- Amethyst stones are in theme with the traditonal gift
- Can be paired with earrings for a complete look
Bouquet of Calla Lilies
- Longer lasting than traditional flowers
- Great option for allergies
- Multiple colors to choose from
Hair Care Holder
- It's art with a purpose
- Looks beautiful all the time
- Hardware included for easy mounting
Unique handmade bowl that has been shaped by repeated heating and hammering using traditional skills and tools. She can use it to store everyday jewelry or even in the front hall as a key/change dish.
Real roses give off a fragrant smell and look good for a week or two, and then wither and die. As an alternative, this forever rose is handmade in the UK from wrought iron and will last a very long time. I can see how including this black iron rose in the right floral arrangement would look stunning as a home decor piece!
This can double as a card and your nod to a traditional iron gift. Iron is twisted and shaped into the word "love" in one piece to show the strength and continuity of the marriage you've built over the years. Fill in the blank card with your heart's true feelings, and you'll make this anniversary one they'll never forget.
I already have a card on this list, but I just loved this one so much I couldn't leave it off. This card's simple design lets your love be the star of the show. Bonus: it's perfect for the spouse that "claims" they don't want a gift.
What's more romantic than gifting a piece of space? With this unique gift they can hold a piece of space in the palm of their hand — or wherever they keep it. It's truly the perfect way to show your love is greater than even the expanse of space.
We just love the look of this rustic hammered iron bowl. As suggested on C&B's website, this bowl is best for serving breads, crackers or other dry, non-acidic foods. However, we think it could work equally well as a decorative piece filled with seasonal gourds, flowers, or other such decor.
Digital books are great, but we still prefer snuggling up with a good paperback. Affordable and customizable, each iron bookmark is hand made by 5-star Etsy seller Coach House Forge using hammer & anvil to make a truly unique, one-off item.
You can't go wrong with an anniversary jewelry gift for her. Lots of happy customers for this Etsy seller and her iron and freshwater pearl earring creations.
Choosing the jewelry route means she'll have a gift that will always remind her of your 6th year together. Amethyst is a stunning gemstone that is thought to bring clarity and calm to its wearer. This delicate bracelet is a wonderful piece that can be worn for many special occasions to come.
A bouquet of fresh cut flowers is the quintessential anniversary gift, but they don't last long. The beauty of artificial flowers is their longevity, just like your love. Choose soft and romantic colors or go for a pop of vibrant color – either way they are sure to bring a smile.
I don't know about you, but I hate rummaging around from my blowdryer when I'm in a hurry. This piece was inspired for just that reason. It's beautiful design is perfect to mount on a wall so her hair care tools can be within reach instead of buried in drawers. That's a win-win if you ask me.
Iron Gifts for Him
A gift made of iron that is just for him? Guys who love their manly, metal stuff will think they’ve died and gone to anniversary gift heaven!
Meteorite Pendant Necklace
- Adjustable cord to keep this gift close to her heart
- Each piece is one-of-a-kind
- Authentic piece of meteorite that fell over 4,000 years ago
- Working padlock with two keys
- Symbol of love and commitment
- Attach and throw the keys away from a truly romantic gesture
Bean Bag & Rock n Roll Chair
- Variety of colors to fit any decor
- Easy to clean
- Big enough for two (meaning it's perfect for cuddling)
Square Iron Tray
- Great addition for any home bar
- More masculine shape than traditional catch-all trays
- Sealed to prevent rust
Personalized Iron Name Plate
- Looks great in contemporary and traditional settings
- Easy to mount anywhere
- Option for longer personalization if needed
Iron Belt Buckle
- Sturdy construction for everyday wear
- Unique belt buckle
- Iron construction keep this gift in theme
Glowing Stars Unique Gift
- Comes framed for display
- Glows in the dark
- Sure to impress an astology-lover
Whiskey Stones Gift Set
- A must-have for whiskey aficionados
- Keeps drinks cold without watering them down
- Reusable for years to come
Cast Iron Wall Bottle Opener
- Great addition for any home bar
- Beer drinkers will love it
- Easy to mount with hardware included
Gardener's Tool Seat
- Just the thing for gardeners
- Celebrates your hunny's green thumb
- Extra pockets for easy storage
Got a sweetie who's always looking to the stars? Grab them a piece of their own to keep next to their heart with a meteorite necklace. The meteorite in the necklace fell over 4,000 years ago and since it's made of iron, you're right in theme. This is sure to put stars in her eyes.
In Paris, couples attach a padlock to Padlock Bridge to immortalize their love. You don't need to head to Paris to do the same thing. This sweet padlock comes with two keys, one for each of you to keep close, and can be personalized with your initials. Whether you display in your home or use it as a lock, the symbolism is sure to melt anyone's heart.
Maybe non-traditional gifts are more your style. If that's the case, this spin on the quintessential bean bag chair is perfect. Comfy and cozy, your love is going to want to curl up on it and relax — I know I would.
Another option for a catch-all dish, but the square shape of this one makes it a little more masculine. It would look just perfect on his side of the bed or even on his desk at work. No matter where it is, he's sure to be reminded of your love every time he sees it.
When I got married, I was so proud of my new name. Even all these years later, I still love to show it off. Or maybe your sweetie didn't change their name, but you have a special saying you share. Whatever the case, this hand-stamped iron plate is a unique way to celebrate your love.
This is just the thing to go with the leather belt your got your hubby in year three. This belt buckle is classic enough for any style and sturdy enough for every day wear. Got a cosplay-lover? This medieval inspired buckle is exactly what they need for their next 'fit.
Another gift for stargazers! This sweet gift can immortalize the location of the stars on your wedding date. The iron plate symbolizes the strength of your marriage bond (and is the traditional 6th anniversary gift). Add the lyrics to your first dance song, and you'll have a gift that'll make you a star in their eyes.
Technically this gift is made from glass, granite, and wood; it made the list because we think its such a kick a## gift!
The man cave just isn't complete without a bottle opener. These engraved cast iron and wood wall openers are both functional and good looking.
My husband may have a green thumb, but he also had a sore back from hours spent bent over in his garden. That's why I picked him up one of these handy tool seat's for our anniversary last year. Now he can do what he loves in comfort and our kitchen is filled with the literal fruits of his labor.
We hope you’ve gotten some solid iron gift ideas for your anniversary.
Until next year (hint: it’s wool), congrats and all the best for your 6th year celebrations!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Despite her dreamy wedding blogger lifestyle, Meredith's day job is running ClassicVeils.com and a full-time mom to an active toddler. If she could, Meredith would spend her days taking cruises, helping animals in need, and watching Big Brother!
You forgot golf irons. Can’t think of a better gift.
Nice one, thank you Andy!
We will add this on our next review/analysis of this post 😀