If you are getting close to celebrating six years of wedded bliss, and you’re panicked on what to get for your other half, fear not. We’ve pulled together some of the best iron anniversary gift ideas for either him or her.
The big wedding anniversary milestones seem to get the most attention and and biggest presents! But we believe that EVERY wedding anniversary deserves to be special and unique. Anniversaries are a time to celebrate the union you have built together. After all, 72 months of marriage is a big accomplishment that deserves recognition.
First, let’s briefly discuss what the sixth anniversary traditional gift (iron) is all about.
Traditional 6th Anniversary Gift
Traditionally, the sixth-anniversary gift is iron.
Why iron as a gift? Well, iron has been an important metal throughout civilization. Some believe it represents a strong bond between partners that is very difficult to break. It makes sense to give such an enduring, long lasting, or practical gift for the home.
Modern 6th Year Anniversary Gifts
Modern lists mark the sixth anniversary with candy or chocolate – hello, now your talking our language! Maybe just drop a few hints that your significant other should consider buying both candy and iron to make sure we cover all bases in this special anniversary year.
- Calla Lily: the elegant, slender calla lily flower is the traditional flower for a 6th anniversary. It is unlike any other and symbolizes all the ways that each partner’s love has grown over six years of marriage. The calla lily is thought to posess a magical light source inside that radiates upwards – a great analogy for reflecting upon six years of marriage together.
- Amethyst: The traditional gemstone for a 6th anniversary is a calming stone that helps promote calm, balance, and peace.
Iron Gifts for Her
Celebrate by giving her unique iron gifts for the home, or something special just for her.
Handmade Iron Wire Love Card
- Blank interior allows for optimum personalization
- Iron represents the strength of a loving bond
- Iron "love" can be removed and displayed elsewhere
Iron Meteorite Real Shooting Star
- Just the thing for an astonomer at heart
- An out-of-this-world gift
- Each piece is one-of-a-kind
This can double as a card and your nod to a traditional iron gift. Iron is twisted and shaped into the word "love" in one piece to show the strength and continuity of the marriage you've built over the years. Fill in the blank card with your heart's true feelings, and you'll make this anniversary one they'll never forget.
What's more romantic than gifting a piece of space? With this unique gift they can hold a piece of space in the palm of their hand — or wherever they keep it. It's truly the perfect way to show your love is greater than even the expanse of space.
Iron Gifts for Him
A gift made of iron that is just for him? Guys who love their manly, metal stuff will think they’ve died and gone to anniversary gift heaven!
Meteorite Pendant Necklace
- Adjustable cord to keep this gift close to her heart
- Each piece is one-of-a-kind
- Authentic piece of meteorite that fell over 4,000 years ago
Gardener's Tool Seat
- Just the thing for gardeners
- Celebrates your hunny's green thumb
- Extra pockets for easy storage
Got a sweetie who's always looking to the stars? Grab them a piece of their own to keep next to their heart with a meteorite necklace. The meteorite in the necklace fell over 4,000 years ago and since it's made of iron, you're right in theme. This is sure to put stars in her eyes.
My husband may have a green thumb, but he also had a sore back from hours spent bent over in his garden. That's why I picked him up one of these handy tool seat's for our anniversary last year. Now he can do what he loves in comfort and our kitchen is filled with the literal fruits of his labor.
We hope you’ve gotten some solid iron gift ideas for your anniversary.
Until next year (hint: it’s wool), congrats and all the best for your 6th year celebrations!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Despite her dreamy wedding blogger lifestyle, Meredith's day job is running ClassicVeils.com and a full-time mom to an active toddler. If she could, Meredith would spend her days taking cruises, helping animals in need, and watching Big Brother!